![]() |
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
|
#3 | ||||||
|
Sure looks like a 578.
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Thoma For Your Post: |
|
|
#4 | ||||||
|
Should have mentioned. It is a 28 GA.
Bob Jurewicz |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
|
|
#5 | ||||||
|
I've changed my mind. I think it is a 578. I've changed my socks today also.
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post: |
|
|
#6 | ||||||
|
No doubt it's a 578, the 5-pins and the engraving pattern identify it. The Model 803 is similarly engraved, albeit a bit more detailed, is a 7-pin action, but has an assisted opening feature as standard. 5-pin Arrietas utiilized a coil spring for the intercepting sears, whereas the 7-pin Arrietas utilized a leaf spring. Coil vs. leaf -- one is generally not being thought of as better than the other, but rather they are different methods of doing the same thing.
Your Arrieta 578 was optioned to be 28ga. smallbore (a 10% add on premium over a large bore) and to have a rounded action (another 10% premium over the std. square action). Articulated front triggers are standard with all Arrietas, sideclips could be spec'd to any Arrieta at N/C. All Arrietas were hand-built and custom-made. Yours a a beauty!
__________________
Wild Skies Since 1951 |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post: |
|
|
#7 | ||||||
|
Thank you Greg!!
Bob Jurewicz |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
|
|
#8 | ||||||
|
Not to prolong this discussion, but why wouldn't your gun be a Model 871? I was of the understanding that this Model was reserved as the only round body frame. I have the identical gun 28 ga. that you have with 578 engraving style. Jack Jansma explained that Arrieta would engrave the frame whatever style you liked but if it's a round body it would be a 871 frame, which was slightly more expense by $600 or so. I have I have seen other 871's with woodcock engraving. Just my two cents.
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following User Says Thank You to jerry serie For Your Post: |
|
|
#9 | ||||||
|
Arrieta models were determined by their engraving pattern. I have seen Arrieta models from their entry level Model 557 to their top-of-the-line Model 931 and every model between with the optioned rounded action. The one thing in common they had with an 871 was the rounded frame. The Model 871 and Model 06 were standard with a rounded frame, but an option with other models. Arrieta, being a custom gunmaker I'm quite sure could build you a Model 871 with a square action.
Shown below is Arrieta's highest grade offering with a rounded frame and 931-style engraving. If you want to consider it an 871 with 931 engraving you can, but you'll pay thousands of dollars more to get it.
__________________
Wild Skies Since 1951 |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post: |
|
|
#10 | ||||||
|
Wild Sky is spot on. Just sold a RA 28bore imported by Jack case colored and stunning wood.gw
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
![]() |
|
|