Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Michigan DU Outdoor-Rama Show.....
Unread 04-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,193 Posts

Default Michigan DU Outdoor-Rama Show.....

On May 1st, at the Monroe County Fairgrounds, Michigan Ducks Unlimited is holding a big sports show. Densmore and I are having a table for the Parker Gun Collectors to show some guns and sell some raffle tickets.

If anybody wants to come we'd be glad for help with the table. Densmore has his own table selling duck calls that he makes so I'm sure we could stand the assistance. Drop me a PM or call 734-478-2515 and I'll give you the details.

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

BTT
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Unread 04-30-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

This is tomorrow morning, anybody planning on coming? Densmore and I are running the booth, I think Jim Marsh is coming in the morning to help as well. We're displaying some Parker waterfowling guns, double gun friendly non-toxic ammo, and I've written up a monograph to hand out about using vintage guns for modern waterfowling. We're also selling raffle tickets and looking for potential new members. Should be a fun day, if you're from anywhere nearby Ya'll Come!

Destry
Unread 05-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #4
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Well it's over, just got back. Kurt Densmore was there selling duck calls, Roger Giles came up from Toledo to help man the booth and Jim Marsh came in the morning to help as well. The crowd was surprisingly thin for this kind of an event, that says a lot about the Michigan economy I suppose. Still managed to sell some raffle tickets and pass out a few copies of my monograph. The big Michigan Antique Arms Show is coming up in two weeks, we're going to do raffle tickets there as well.

Destry
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 05-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
C Roger Giles
PGCA Member

Member Info

Destry should be thanked for his efforts and expense ie (tables are expensive) on the representation of the PGCA. He had the best gun, and reading material display. His Parker display of 10 and 12 bore Parkers with a smattering of nontoxic ammo was impressive.

To bad this event had NO advertising or mention of it anywhere in the duck world, but I must add the show was well laid out and organized. Guns were a little on the thin side but you could find a Model 12 to fit your taste and budget. Duck and Goose calling devices were in abundence and quite vocal, about set me nuts. Also a novice decoy collector had many oppertunities to spend his money.

All in all fair to good show, I'll attend next years doing and hope they promote more on the gun side.

Roger
C Roger Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C Roger Giles For Your Post: