Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Southern Pride
Unread 04-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #1
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,770 Times in 635 Posts

Default Southern Pride

The clip below was pulled directly from the Deep River website. It should be a source of pride not only for those lucky enough to participate in this great event each year but for all PGCA members knowing that thier orginazation as well as our friends in the L.C. Smith group are activly promoting youth shooting. In speaking with Bill Kempffer I learned that the entire event (Southern SxS) is run as a big fund raiser and that Deep River donates all the profiets each year to charity. I would encourage all our members to come out and join the fun and support some good causes while doing so.

Challenge Cup

Bill Kempffer of Deep River Sporting Clays & Shooting School presents Rick Mitchell of the North Carolina Youth Shooting Foundation with a donation of $1,180.00 representing the proceeds from the LC Smith Parker Brothers Challenge Cup held at Deep River during the 14th Annual Southern Side by Side & Exhibition the weekend of April 26-28. This money was donated by both organizations to encourage the participation in the shooting sports by the youth of North Carolina.
Annually celebrating vintage American gunmakers, 2013 marked the 10th Challenge Cup between the L.C. Smith Gun Collectors Association and the Parker Gun Collectors Association during the Southern Side by Side weekend.
SHOOT FOR A GOOD CAUSE
More than 100 shooters entered the Challenge Cup Event, with the proceeds benefitting charities. Past donation recipients inlcude tornado relief for the Sanford area, NRA Youth Shooting Program, Habitat for Humanity, and the NRA Eddie Eagle Program.
Larry Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2014, 05:59 AM   #2
Mark Conrad
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanks Larry for the post. This year will push our total donations to over $10,000 for all the Challenge Cup events combined, maybe even close to $11,0000.
Mark Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2014, 09:15 AM   #3
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,635 Times in 2,670 Posts

Well said. Good on those who shoot Friday, Sat and Sun at Deep River where the profits go to support good works on behalf of shooting sports. I'll be there with you.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 04-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,093 Times in 1,197 Posts

I thought Bill had said to me that the Challenge shoot was for was the fund raiser not the whole Southern Shoot. At least that's the way I understood it talking to him. And the causes that the fund raising has gone to has been great...
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote