![]() |
| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
|
#13 | ||||||
|
Until a few weeks ago I had no idea what "Claude" was. It's an AI app that I now have on my phone and basically you can ask it anything.
Main application for me is to list a load, charge, powder, primer, hull, wad, and ask its pressure and FPS. It will come back with an answer and the source, Hogdon, Lyman, ballistic etc, so it can be checked. If there are no published results, it will tell you that and give some parameters. "Claude" must search hundred of thousands of entries in seconds. This is where I can see the benefit of AI, and if you wish you can double check. Chat GPT is similar but I don't think lists as many sources. Claude also seems to check privately tested loads that have been discussed on various forums. Crazy as its is, you can get into a discussion with Claude and it will make suggestions on adjusting a load for lower pressure or increased FPS, whatever your desire. Actually, its kind of frightening. |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Clark McCombe For Your Post: |
|
|
#14 | |||||||
|
Quote:
As for the BP SG20 wads, some pellets outside the shot cup has never caused me to miss a clay or a bird. |
|||||||
|
|
|
|||||||
|
|
#15 | ||||||
|
I still have a good supply of Alliant 20/28 powder but have been experimenting with Longshot for 20-gauge for when it runs out. I've done about (600) 7/8 ounce reloads with Longshot so far; it's readily available and works well. A friend has been doing the same for 3/4 ounce in 28 gauge.
We both shot the 100 bird sporting course today. Loads straight from the Hodgdon reloading site and both of us did well against three 12g competition guns. So, you want a somewhat lighter load for vintage SxS guns? Just use a powder bushing that’s one or two numbers lower than the one for a higher velocity published load. Of course that's after weighing the average powder drops for that load. |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post: |
|
|
#16 | ||||||
|
Someone recently posted several Red Dot and 700x loads on Shotgun World for 20, 7/8 and 3/4 oz loads. I have not tried them, but I did load and shoot Red Dot for 16 3/4 oz from the 16 gauge lovers forum. They shot just fine and shattered clays.
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
|
|
#17 | ||||||
|
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
|
|
#18 | ||||||
|
Shot these today with Keavin Nelson. I love making diesel smoke!
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post: |
|
|
#19 | ||||||
|
And they do make diesel smoke! I was shooting Longshot in my 28, smaller load of coarse.
__________________
Keavin Nelson |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following User Says Thank You to keavin nelson For Your Post: |
|
|
#20 | ||||||
|
Mike’s loads pictured here at ~1200 speed will duplicate common factory 20g - 7/8 ouncers. I’ve settled on using somewhat less Longshot for 7/8 ounce that develops ~1150 speed for lower recoil in lightweight 20g guns; and that load reaches out to the farthest sporting targets with perceptibly short time of flight. Sorry, I’m not one to share exact loading recipes on-line but most anyone should be able to research published data to develop the same lighter load with Longshot for 20g - 7/8 ounce.
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
![]() |
|
|