Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread Yesterday, 12:21 AM   #11
Member
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,379
Thanks: 4,725
Thanked 5,889 Times in 1,638 Posts

Default

I wonder why "mum's the word" concerning it, Don. It having been signed in May I would think we'd have heard more about that aspect of the EO by now.

I'm not getting my hopes up that lead shot will be in for waterfowl again. If that were true I'd think there would have been articles written about it in major hunting rags by now.

Cautiously optimistic, SRH
Stan Hillis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Hillis For Your Post:
Unread Yesterday, 11:50 PM   #12
Member
Frank Good
PGCA Member
 
Frank Good's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Posts: 157
Thanks: 454
Thanked 538 Times in 102 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Anderson View Post
What loads are yall shooting for ducks? I might get Faux Whoop out after a few wood ducks.
I was using some 35 years old Winchester No-Tox Bismuth in the old green 10 rd boxes that the hulls are stamped Eley on the bottoms. Must have been imported under the Winchester name back then. I have several boxes in 1oz 1200 fps 4,5 & 6, a few boxes of 3 1/4 dram 1 1/8 oz #6 and several 25 rd boxes of 3 3/4dram 1 1/4oz #2, 4 & 5 shot and 4-10 rd boxes of 1 3/8 oz #2 showing 1330 fps. I was using the 3 3/4 dr 1 1/4 oz #4 on this first outing.

Here is a short bit of video I put together from some footage I captured that morning. As you can see the load/choke combination worked quite well.

https://1drv.ms/v/c/4e57c4d8dcc7f813...1qi-k?e=DQicBf
Frank Good is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Good For Your Post:
Unread Today, 06:24 AM   #13
Member
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,379
Thanks: 4,725
Thanked 5,889 Times in 1,638 Posts

Default

That's great, Frank. Looks like it is still very capable, in YOUR hands at least. Good shooting.
Stan Hillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.