![]() |
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage! | | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
|
#13 | |||||||
|
Quote:
![]() ![]() I am in no way comparing one hunt to the things Dave F did chasing lions. He told me some of his exploits and he's the MAN!! |
|||||||
|
|
|
|||||||
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post: |
|
|
#14 | ||||||
|
My hardcover copy of Dave's book arrived today. It looks beautiful!! Can't wait to dig into it tonight.
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post: |
|
|
#15 | ||||||
|
Dave's new book was just released on 9/2. I ordered my copy today. "The Narrow Trail" is the title. Both books are found on Amazon.
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post: |
|
|
#16 | |||||||
|
Quote:
Dave
__________________
“I have never in my life seen a Kentuckian who didn’t have a gun, a pack of cards, and a jug of whiskey.” -Andrew "Old Hickory" Jackson, America's 7th President |
|||||||
|
|
|
|||||||
| The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Tatman For Your Post: |
|
|
#17 | ||||||
|
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post: |
|
|
#18 | ||||||
|
I’m guessing, but don’t know for sure, that Dave’s a bourbon guy…
.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man. Not because I think they're better than the other breeds, but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture." George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic. |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post: |
|
|
#19 | ||||||
|
Good call, Dean. I’m a Kentucky boy!
A side note: In all the tornado aftermath, the one that destroyed my farm, three collections of mine survived relatively unscathed: All my fly rods, all my shotguns, and my Kentucky bourbon collection. So I figure the balance of my life’s calling is trout fishing, bird hunting, and sharing fine whiskey with good friends! Dave
__________________
“I have never in my life seen a Kentuckian who didn’t have a gun, a pack of cards, and a jug of whiskey.” -Andrew "Old Hickory" Jackson, America's 7th President |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave Tatman For Your Post: |
|
|
#20 | ||||||
|
I'm lucky that I live only a short 1 1/2-hour drive from Dave Fjelline's place. I first met Dave when I was looking to purchase my first Parker, and a good friend hooked me up with Dave's contact information. I drove over and arrived at Dave's place at 9 am. Before even looking at a gun, we sat in his shop and talked for hours about everything from lion hunting and trapping to bird hunting and clay target shooting. The last question Dave asked me before looking at shotguns was, "Why is a young man like yourself interested in old shotguns like Parkers?" At the time, I was 47; this was six years ago. I left that day filled with dreams of the old days and a decent understanding of Parker shotguns and their history, along with my first two Parkers. What started out to be a short trip over the hill turned into an entire day of enlightenment, getting home when the streetlights were coming on.
I will definitely be ordering the book and maybe get Dave to sign it the next time I head down there. If you ever have the pleasure of going to Dave Fjelline's place, be prepared to stay a while and pack a lunch or snacks; you'll need it. |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher Cefalu For Your Post: |
![]() |
|
|