Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Foto Fridays

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2026, 08:58 PM   #11
Member
Harry Schlott
Forum Associate

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 61
Thanks: 4
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts

Default

Hey Clark,
Looks like great fun for a great cause.
Thanks for sharing. Is that Brookhaven?
Harry
Harry Schlott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2026, 05:44 AM   #12
Member
Clark McCombe
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Clark McCombe's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2024
Posts: 369
Thanks: 915
Thanked 1,124 Times in 257 Posts

Default

The shoot was held at Peconic River Sportsman’s Club - a private club in Manorville, a little west of Riverhead. It is the former Woolworth estate, the Five and Dime store family. There was a pair of Winchester 21’s in the last Guyette auction that had belonged to one of the Woolworths. ( I bid but didn’t win.)
The event was really well run, included in the entry fee was a goody bag with 4 boxes of shells. During the event golf carts came around with snacks and hot dogs.
We had a great time for a good cause!
Daryl suggested a “Parker Prostate Shoot.” I want to keep that idea on the top of the page.
Clark McCombe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clark McCombe For Your Post:
Old 09-29-2026, 01:13 PM   #13
Member
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member
 
Dean Romig's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,204
Thanks: 41,755
Thanked 38,448 Times in 13,921 Posts

Default

Clark, may I enter the Parker Prostate shoot even if I no longer have a prostate?




.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man.
Not because I think they're better than the other breeds,
but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture."

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Old 09-29-2026, 03:08 PM   #14
Member
Clark McCombe
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Clark McCombe's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2024
Posts: 369
Thanks: 915
Thanked 1,124 Times in 257 Posts

Default

Dean, I think we could put quite a squad together with "Prostate-less" guys. I've been through 4 phases of treatment, including surgery and managed to break 22 shooting trap this morning. It's better to shoot without a prostate than not be here to shoot at all!
Here at MSK this afternoon for my quarterly check up. So far, so good....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9380.jpg (520.8 KB, 1 views)
Clark McCombe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Clark McCombe For Your Post:
Old 09-29-2026, 04:01 PM   #15
Member
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member
 
Dean Romig's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,204
Thanks: 41,755
Thanked 38,448 Times in 13,921 Posts

Default

Indeed I can only hope to fully agree with that sentiment.

My prostate story is long and weird (at one point when I suggested to my (female) urologist that maybe a biopsy would be in order... She said to me "Why would you ever want to open that Pandora's box?" at which point I fired her on the spot, got a new urologist who took 16 biopsies (the standard is 12) and it was determined that my prostate was "wall to wall" filled with cancer.) A month later I had a radical robotic prostatectomy...
I have been cancer free since that day some six years ago...

I only wish Allan Swanson, our very dear friend, had been so lucky.

My cancer tumor marker is still at 0.01%





.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man.
Not because I think they're better than the other breeds,
but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture."

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Old 09-29-2026, 06:04 PM   #16
Member
Clark McCombe
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Clark McCombe's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2024
Posts: 369
Thanks: 915
Thanked 1,124 Times in 257 Posts

Default

The sxs community appears to be made up of mostly older guys. A good percentage of us are going to wind up with prostate cancer. Sharing our experiences is bound to help, even though each of our stories is unique.
And if I can take a day off from the farm to go to a breast cancer shoot, I can sure as heck take a day to go to a prostate shoot !!!!
Clark McCombe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clark McCombe For Your Post:
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.