Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
Member
C Roger Giles
PGCA Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 150
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

Default

Waiting for decent weather to shoot trap and dirty up my squeeky clean shootin irons once again.
I'm sorting and rearranging fly fishing gear. Also ordered more black gnats on eBay to replace the ones that I have been robbed of. Any thoughts on leader material (six "x" mostly ) as what I have is not so trustworthy as I found out the hard way.
This time of year is shear hell on an outdoor type, ie day dreams do not have much of a calming effect on me. It only wets the gun/flyfish appetite and reduces me to the use of Famous Grouse but that tastes GOOD.

Roger
C Roger Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
Member
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Jack Cronkhite's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,817
Thanks: 870
Thanked 2,402 Times in 664 Posts

Default

That's one grouse season that never closes here. Whilst enjoying morning coffee, the doorbell rang, Charlie and Kyra immediately investigated and the postal service got a royal welcome. After all was settled down and Charlie remembered that she really likes this guy, I signed for the Trojan. Opened the package and found the old case to be in sad condition (not unexpected) and "locked". No key anywhere. Never having had success as a lock-picker, I called the seller and was told, it is only latched - push down on the top because of the bubble wrap inside and I could slide the lock cover to the right and find my gun. Did that and found a "decent" Trojan. By that, I mean a safe shooter and not a collector piece (not unexpected). The wood work is not a quality fit to the metal and there are some suspect screws in the floor plate. Barrels, trigger guard, floor plate, top lever, safety button all very blued. Frame looks like there might be some case color but there is a lot of black/grey smudging (is that an attempt at re-coloring??). The barrels are on face but without the forend in place, there is some wiggle room between lugs and frame. (suggests a lot of use???) The top lever sits slightly left of center again suggesting a lot of use The butt has a red rubber pad and black spacer. Assembled it and it feels totally tight. Had a look at my flying mount pheasant, shouldered this gun and I'm thinking, good to go for October. It will be the first Parker shot this year but the others will get there turns. Pictures will follow but right now mother reminded me that I should be setting up a dog kennel, so off to that project.

Cheers,
Jack
__________________
Hunt ethically. Eat heartily.
Jack Cronkhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
Member
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Dave Suponski's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,952
Thanks: 4,407
Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,753 Posts

Default

Congratulations Jack! We are awaiting your photo's....
__________________
"Much care is bestowed to make it what the Sportsman needs-a good gun"-Charles Parker
Dave Suponski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
Member
C.O.B.
Forum Associate
 
Rich Anderson's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,117
Thanks: 2,229
Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,111 Posts

Default

I await the delivery via UPS of.....wait for it......a new....SCOPE I know you guys thought it would be a Parker but no I'm not that fortunate. I have new glass in 6X24X44 with mill Dot reticle for a Pre 64 M70 .220 Swift. Prarie Dogs will soon turn to a red mist
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.