Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Foto Fridays

Notices

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
West Virginia Buck
Unread 10-01-2026, 09:09 PM   #1
Member
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member
 
Harold Lee Pickens's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,254
Thanks: 2,478
Thanked 10,163 Times in 2,488 Posts

Default West Virginia Buck

Won't be heading to the UP until October 15, so have been doing some hunting with the crossbow. Been seeing a group of bachelor bucks, all definite shooters and got set up this morning where I've been seeing them daily. Pulled a folding chair into a brushy fence line this morning and the bucks came thru on schedule. Thought I was going to be busted by the other bucks. When this guy stepped into the open, I made a good broadside shot at 25 yards. Gross scored 144 5/8, and with deductions was 134 5/8.
Heck of a nice buck. Weather was 65 degrees at 730 , waited an hour and was over 70 when I drug him out with the Gator. 10 point
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20261001_090406.jpg (559.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20261001_090454.jpg (524.6 KB, 7 views)
__________________
"How kind it is that most of us will never know when we have fired our last shot"--Nash Buckingham
Harold Lee Pickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2026, 09:28 PM   #2
Member
Kentucky Bird Hunter
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Dave Tatman's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 644
Thanks: 4,275
Thanked 629 Times in 287 Posts

Default

Nice deer, Harold! Congrats! He’ll make a nice mount, if you choose!
__________________
“I have never in my life seen a Kentuckian who didn’t have a gun, a pack of cards, and a jug of whiskey.”

-Andrew "Old Hickory" Jackson, America's 7th President
Dave Tatman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Tatman For Your Post:
Unread 10-01-2026, 10:11 PM   #3
Member
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member
 
Harold Lee Pickens's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,254
Thanks: 2,478
Thanked 10,163 Times in 2,488 Posts

Default

Yea, probably going to mount it.
I can no longer pull a bow due to a ruptured biceps tendon that they declined to fix, so I used crossbow.
__________________
"How kind it is that most of us will never know when we have fired our last shot"--Nash Buckingham
Harold Lee Pickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2026, 10:40 PM   #4
Member
Timothy Cicora
PGCA Member

Member Info
 
Join Date: May 2023
Posts: 42
Thanks: 7
Thanked 29 Times in 21 Posts

Default

Very nice buck and early season . !
Timothy Cicora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2026, 11:15 PM   #5
Member
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member
 
Dean Romig's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 34,204
Thanks: 41,755
Thanked 38,448 Times in 13,921 Posts

Default

Nice one Harold!
You better show up at Hausmann’s with some of that venison in June… or not show up at all …




.
__________________
"I'm a Setter man.
Not because I think they're better than the other breeds,
but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture."

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 10-02-2026, 05:06 AM   #6
Member
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime
Member
 
Garry L Gordon's Avatar

Member Info
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,016
Thanks: 17,331
Thanked 13,691 Times in 4,098 Posts

Default

Congratulations, Harold! That one’s a doozy as they say ‘round here.
__________________
"Doubtless the good Lord could have made a better game bird than bobwhite, and better country to hunt him in...but equally doubtless, he never did." -- Guy de la Valdene (from A Handful of Feathers )

"'I promise you,' he said, 'on my word of honor, I won't die on the opening of the bird season.'" -- Robert Ruark (from The Old Man and the Boy)
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org
Copyright © 2004 Design par Megatekno
- 2008 style update 3.7 avec l'autorisation de son auteur par Stradfred.