Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Foto Fridays (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   West Virginia Buck (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47133)

Harold Lee Pickens 10-01-2026 09:09 PM

West Virginia Buck
 
2 Attachment(s)
Won't be heading to the UP until October 15, so have been doing some hunting with the crossbow. Been seeing a group of bachelor bucks, all definite shooters and got set up this morning where I've been seeing them daily. Pulled a folding chair into a brushy fence line this morning and the bucks came thru on schedule. Thought I was going to be busted by the other bucks. When this guy stepped into the open, I made a good broadside shot at 25 yards. Gross scored 144 5/8, and with deductions was 134 5/8.
Heck of a nice buck. Weather was 65 degrees at 730 , waited an hour and was over 70 when I drug him out with the Gator. 10 point

Dave Tatman 10-01-2026 09:28 PM

Nice deer, Harold! Congrats! He’ll make a nice mount, if you choose!

Harold Lee Pickens 10-01-2026 10:11 PM

Yea, probably going to mount it.
I can no longer pull a bow due to a ruptured biceps tendon that they declined to fix, so I used crossbow.

Timothy Cicora 10-01-2026 10:40 PM

Very nice buck and early season . !

Dean Romig 10-01-2026 11:15 PM

Nice one Harold!
You better show up at Hausmann’s with some of that venison in June… or not show up at all …:rotf:




.

Garry L Gordon 10-02-2026 05:06 AM

Congratulations, Harold! That one’s a doozy as they say ‘round here.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org