![]() |
| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
|
#3 | ||||||
|
Welcome to the forum! Not terribly uncommon for Damascus to be blued over. If the ribs are marked Damascus this is what I suspect. Pictures would help a lot.
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dylan Rhodes For Your Post: |
|
|
#4 | ||||||
|
I have a gun that has Damascus barrels that have been blued over. Not a Parker though.
Dylan beat me to it. Last edited by William Woods; 10-01-2026 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: correction |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following User Says Thank You to William Woods For Your Post: |
|
|
#5 | ||||||
|
Welcome to our forum!
Can you post pictures of the rib and the barrel flats that have the original factory stampings? .
__________________
"I'm a Setter man. Not because I think they're better than the other breeds, but because I'm a romantic - stuck on tradition - and to me, a Setter just "belongs" in the grouse picture." George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic. |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| Damascus or Special Steel? |
|
|
#6 | ||||||
|
Thanks for all replies. I am doing this from my phone and not my PC which is on the way out. This is difficult to navigate the first day. I will try to upload photos when I figure out how to do so. Can all this be done with a IPhone? Do many use that method? Or IPAD? Thanks, I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it soon. Also, I am filling in the form for a letter soon.
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenny Beach For Your Post: |
|
|
#7 | ||||||
|
It is very easy with an IPhone!
__________________
"Training is like fighting a gorilla, you don't stop when you are tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired" |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie Bishop For Your Post: |
|
|
#8 | ||||||
|
Or they could be sleeved
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
|
|
#9 | ||||||
|
My guess would be that the barrels were blued.
__________________
"How kind it is that most of us will never know when we have fired our last shot"--Nash Buckingham |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
|
|
#10 | ||||||
|
A blued D3 (3 iron crolle) GH. The scrolls are visible on the flats and the barrels were likely hot caustic salt blued as the barrels were etched
![]() Put white vinegar on a soft cloth and rub the barrel and it is likely the crolle pattern will be apparent beneath the blueing
__________________
http://sites.google.com/a/damascuskn...e.com/www/home |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drew Hause For Your Post: |
![]() |
|
|