![]() |
| |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
|
#3 | ||||||
|
Tell us more
__________________
Daniel Webster once said ""Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men." |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
|
|
#4 | ||||||
|
I’ve a doll’s head 20 gauge Trojan with 28” barrels choked modified and full that always brings a smile to my face. I think sometimes that I shoot it best of all my Parker’s. In fact I just took it out with its matching 16 gauge sibling to take to five stand tomorrow prior to seeing this post.
Do it!! (Unless there’s an obvious fault with it.) Happy birthday! Buy the ticket, and enjoy.
__________________
Buy the ticket, take the ride. Hunter S. Thompson |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John B White For Your Post: |
|
|
#5 | ||||||
|
The Trojan 20 is on the way....For a market snapshot....I paid $1450....Tony G. has a very, very nice 20 on Gunbroker.....$4600. I guess the rest lie somewhere between...I think I got a bargain...........
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jerry VanHorn For Your Post: |
|
|
#6 | ||||||
|
On the Tanner Trojan 20g, it looked to me that the stock had been refinished. I could be wrong but just ‘sayin. Nice gun at a good final price.
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
|
|
#7 | ||||||
|
Looked OK to me....but...if it has been....doesn't bother me....I'm not that much of a purist. Not that many 20 gauge Parkers with condition and 26" barrels around...especially in that $$$ range....I'll let my kids and grandkids worry about it..
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jerry VanHorn For Your Post: |
|
|
#8 | ||||||
|
Congrats on a great buy. Please post some pictures when you get it.
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
|
|
#9 | ||||||
|
When the Trojan was introduced, it was only offered in very limited barrel lengths -- 12-gauge 28- & 30-inch and 16- & 20-gauge only 28-inch. The 1913 Trojan flyer --
1913 Trojan Grade flyer.jpeg 1916 catalog -- 1916 Trojan.jpeg By the 1923 Parker Bros. catalog the 26-inch barrels had been added to the offerings -- 1923 Trojan 26-inch barrels added.jpeg |
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
|
|
#10 | ||||||
|
But, without rib extension.
|
||||||
|
|
|
||||||
| The Following User Says Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post: |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|