Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I couldn't resist ! (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47173)

Jerry VanHorn 10-09-2026 06:51 PM

I couldn't resist !
 
My birthday is coming up....and I decided I needed to buy myself a present....I've been watching that 20 Trojan on Tanner Sports....Nice gun..26"...M/F..1914/Rib extension....Original buttplate...twin ivory that I'm sure have been added..90% varnish..90% blue 10% color....only floorplate screws have been touched....I thought it was a buy.....

Bob Jurewicz 10-09-2026 07:42 PM

All have to feed our passion.
Bob Jurewicz

Stephen Hodges 10-09-2026 07:46 PM

Tell us more:corn:

John B White 10-09-2026 09:36 PM

I’ve a doll’s head 20 gauge Trojan with 28” barrels choked modified and full that always brings a smile to my face. I think sometimes that I shoot it best of all my Parker’s. In fact I just took it out with its matching 16 gauge sibling to take to five stand tomorrow prior to seeing this post.

Do it!! (Unless there’s an obvious fault with it.) Happy birthday!

Buy the ticket, and enjoy.

Jerry VanHorn 10-10-2026 05:26 AM

The Trojan 20 is on the way....For a market snapshot....I paid $1450....Tony G. has a very, very nice 20 on Gunbroker.....$4600. I guess the rest lie somewhere between...I think I got a bargain...........

Frank Srebro 10-10-2026 07:32 AM

On the Tanner Trojan 20g, it looked to me that the stock had been refinished. I could be wrong but just ‘sayin. Nice gun at a good final price.

Jerry VanHorn 10-10-2026 08:08 AM

Looked OK to me....but...if it has been....doesn't bother me....I'm not that much of a purist. Not that many 20 gauge Parkers with condition and 26" barrels around...especially in that $$$ range....I'll let my kids and grandkids worry about it..

Don Anderson 10-10-2026 10:52 AM

Congrats on a great buy. Please post some pictures when you get it.

Dave Noreen 10-10-2026 12:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
When the Trojan was introduced, it was only offered in very limited barrel lengths -- 12-gauge 28- & 30-inch and 16- & 20-gauge only 28-inch. The 1913 Trojan flyer --

Attachment 144315

1916 catalog --

Attachment 144316

By the 1923 Parker Bros. catalog the 26-inch barrels had been added to the offerings --

Attachment 144317

edgarspencer 10-10-2026 12:12 PM

But, without rib extension.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1998 - 2026, Parkerguns.org