Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The 2022 Distinguished Service Award and deadlines for nomination (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36271)

Brian Dudley 04-28-2022 04:14 PM

The 2022 Distinguished Service Award and deadlines for nomination

The PGCA Distinguished Service Award program is coming back for 2022 and beyond! I am now serving as the Chairperson for the program committee and the other members of the committee are current board members Mills Morrison and Randy Roberts.

The selection of the award recipients is based on nomination of their peers. PGCA members should nominate fellow members that they feel have gone 'above and beyond ' the ordinary and will have distanced themselves by the merit of their deeds. They will have furthered the mission of the PGCA and will have promoted good will and fellowship among members and visitors at activities including the Forum, PGCA sanctioned events, PGCA displays, and PGCA 'headquarters' at shows and events. They will have given freely of their time in doing these deeds and will have presented a friendly face of the PGCA.

As a reminder, the tabulation of the nominations are taken over a previous rolling 3 year period. The committee has decided to continue with the presenting of 2 awards per year. Though the program has been dormant for the last 2 years, we DO have nominations that have come in since the 2019 annual meeting that are open for consideration. The two members inside of that time frame receiving the most nominations will have their names submitted to the PGCA board for seconding approval and will receive the awards. So, please help the program get back up and running again and take the time to submit some nominations for deserving individuals.

Nominations can be submitted by going to the homepage, clicking on the "Awards and Recognitions" tab on the left menu and navigating to the nomination form.

Please remember that current members of the PGCA Board of Directors are NOT eligible for the award. And I would also exclude myself from that as well being the Chair of the committee. PAST serving board members can be considered.

I am going to set the deadline for accepting nominations for 2022 as Midnight Friday May 27th. As the awards will be announced at the annual meeting on Friday June 3rd.

Bill Murphy 04-28-2022 04:21 PM

Brian, who are the previous recipients? This so we don't nominate them again. Thanks.

Brian Dudley 04-28-2022 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Murphy (Post 362602)
Brian, who are the previous recipients? This so we don't nominate them again. Thanks.

The previous recipients of the award can be found in a link to the DSA Honor Roll. On the same pages as the nomination form.

Members can nominate as many people as they wish, but only once per year.

CraigThompson 04-28-2022 05:34 PM

Post the link please as I’ll be damned if I could find it ! I did see where Mills listed past inductees but there was no nomination form .

CraigThompson 04-28-2022 05:38 PM

I was going to post a direct link here but it didn’t want to cooperate !

John Davis 04-28-2022 05:41 PM

Brian, thanks so much for taking this on.

Garry L Gordon 04-28-2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 362608)
Post the link please as I’ll be damned if I could find it ! I did see where Mills listed past inductees but there was no nomination form .

Craig, click the awards link from the home page. Then it's just two more well defined clicks away.

CraigThompson 04-28-2022 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon (Post 362611)
Craig, click the awards link from the home page. Then it's just two more well defined clicks away.

Yes sir , I found it and was going to put a direct link here but didn’t quite work out :banghead:

John Dunkle 04-28-2022 08:14 PM

Try this link:

PGCA Awards & Recognition

;)

John D.

Craig Larter 04-28-2022 08:27 PM

Thanks Brian for taking this on. I know from my experience with the AHFCA that very few are willing to step up for the long haul. But we should honor those that make a long term commitment to our hobby,.