PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas Snow Goose Hunt

Todd Kaltenbach
03-06-2013, 10:29 AM
The conservation snow goose season in Arkansas has to be the best deal in hunting! The permit is free and I hunted at a place called Paradise Wings in Brinkley Ar that was a great deal as well. My partner used an auto shotgun but my old 10 gauge GH held its own! If you are interested in a reasonable hunt check out Ronnie Steinbeck at Paradise Wings, we had a great time!

http://www.paradisewings.com/

Todd Kaltenbach
03-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Sorry, I left out some pictures

charlie cleveland
03-07-2013, 11:06 AM
mighty nice looking place ya ll was huntin there...looks like youve got a mighty nice parker too... what a trip this must have been... charlie

Todd Kaltenbach
03-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Yes Charlie it was great fun and I didn't feel under gunned at all with my old Parker. The fellow we hunted with only charges $250 a day, room and board included for the spring hunts. Its hard to beat that deal and there were lots of birds. I will definately go back.

scott kittredge
03-08-2013, 06:48 PM
ok, nice shoot, now tells us about the shots,gun,choke,shot size ect,ect:corn: thanks, scott

Todd Kaltenbach
03-08-2013, 07:12 PM
I used an 1891 GH 10 gauge with RST Nice Shot #2s. If I did my part I was just as effective as my buddy with his Bennelli using steel shot. The mature blue in the picture with the GH actually landed at the edge of our decoys and I shot him at about 35 yards when he was 10 ft high. We ended up with 15 birds the first day, most were taken in the morning. We only got 2 birds in the morning on our second day before a storm blew in and the birds stopped flying. Late the first day we had a flock of several thousand birds over our decoy spread at about 60 or 70 yards up. They didn't like something about our spread so they wouldn't come any lower, but that alone was worth the cost of the hunt. Unfortunately my camera was in my pack.