PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Jaybird's Trout Lily

Jay (deleted)
02-28-2013, 12:55 PM
I've been gunning grouse over English Setters since 1980. I'm hoping Lily is the next generation of my grouse dog dynasty.
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc333/jcj138265/pup2_zpse80e844a.jpg
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc333/jcj138265/Lily3_zpscc10262f.jpg

Dean Romig
02-28-2013, 01:20 PM
I get her name! She has the beautiful subdued facial markings of the leaves of a Trout Lily.

Good luck with her!!
Dean

Stephen Hodges
02-28-2013, 02:40 PM
Great looking pup:) She will be working on that chewer for awhile.....its bigger than her:shock:

Dave Suponski
02-28-2013, 03:10 PM
What a wonderful pup! Congratulations Jay! I hope you guy's have a great life together.

Rich Anderson
02-28-2013, 03:39 PM
There is nothing more wonderfull than watching a pup mature into a great hunting dog. She already is a great companion of that I'm sure. Congrats on the new family member.

Daryl Corona
02-28-2013, 07:00 PM
She's a real cutey Jay. Please keep us up to date on her progress.

Dennis V. Nix
02-28-2013, 09:57 PM
Beautiful dog. Congratulations.

charlie cleveland
03-01-2013, 09:39 AM
mighty fine pup you got there...i can see her and you with parker in hand.... charlie

Harold Lee Pickens
03-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Jay, what are the bloodlines of that wonderful setter? I bet you have dreams every night of walking in over her points. My Betty, was in heat 2 weeks ago and we tried very hard to get her bred (1st time), but was unsuccessful. The pups would have been born in April and would have been 6 months old in October-ready to hunt. I am still dissapointed and considering buying a pup now. My male Shiner will be 12 soon-still hunts well but is slowing down.
I had an orange and white puppy named Lily for a while, but she had heath problems and sadly is no longer with us.
Post more pictures please as she gets older.

Jay (deleted)
03-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Jay, what are the bloodlines of that wonderful setter? I bet you have dreams every night of walking in over her points. My Betty, was in heat 2 weeks ago and we tried very hard to get her bred (1st time), but was unsuccessful. The pups would have been born in April and would have been 6 months old in October-ready to hunt. I am still dissapointed and considering buying a pup now. My male Shiner will be 12 soon-still hunts well but is slowing down.
I had an orange and white puppy named Lily for a while, but she had heath problems and sadly is no longer with us.
Post more pictures please as she gets older.

Harold:

She is a combination of Pinecobble, Alderwood, and Goodgoing Ryman lines with a couple outcrosses over time to the FT dogs of the late Elwin Smith.

Time will tell, but I like what I see so far.

This is a completely different type of setter than what I've gunned over for the past 30 years and that in itself is exciting.

Jay

Harold Lee Pickens
03-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Jay, that is the type of breeding I like. My dogs are predominately Ryman wit some grouse trial outcrosses. These are my two. Shiner was more disappointed tha n me that the breeding didnt take place.

Jay (deleted)
03-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Harold:

Most of my previous dogs came from what can best be described as MI grouse gun dog lines.

They had blood from dogs owned by Andy Ammann, Tom Prawdzik, Al Stewart, Sally Downer, Bill & Jack Wicksall, etc... There was some FT type dog influences too but not much.

Jay

Gary Laudermilch
03-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Wonderful looking pup. She will be ready to hit the brush come fall.

I have a setter pup that is about to turn 1 year old. I know what is in store for you this summer and it is all fun. Have a blast.

Greg Baehman
03-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Gosh, you introduced us to your new pup yesterday. Today you show us your new gun. What will tomorrow bring? :corn:

There's a song in the air "Happy days are here again!"

Rich Anderson
03-02-2013, 07:36 PM
You can't have a new dog without a new gun....can you??? I'm glad I don't get another dog every time I buy a gun:nono: That would be a lot of dogs!:rotf:

Rick Losey
03-02-2013, 08:19 PM
You can't have a new dog without a new gun....can you??? I'm glad I don't get another dog every time I buy a gun:nono: That would be a lot of dogs!:rotf:

I have said for years I have enough guns but each new dog doesn't have one.

it's worked so far

Rich Anderson
03-03-2013, 08:35 AM
I would need an FFL and a kennel license:rotf: Gunner had/has his own special Parker.