View Full Version : GH 20 Gauge
Gary Kephart
09-27-2026, 08:53 PM
I just ordered a letter for the gun and am looking forward to seeing what it says. Last year I purchased a GH 20 Gauge with 28" Damascus Barrels. When i look in the Parker book it doesn't show any of those being produced in my configuration. The Serial number is 85158 would be interested in your thoughts before i get the letter :) Thanks
Dean Romig
09-28-2026, 12:19 AM
What "Parker book" are you referencing?
85158 doesn't appear in the Parker Gun Identification and Serialization book because the person compiling the information for the records in that book didn't think anything below Grade 3 guns were worthy of inclusion.
Your PGCA Research Letter will include all factory records you're looking for that were omitted from the "Serialization Book".
.
Gary Kephart
09-28-2026, 06:21 PM
Hello I was referring to The Parker Story Books. It says how many of each grade/barrel type/gauge etc...
Gary Kephart
09-29-2026, 09:15 PM
Dean, thanks for the information . I am looking forward to getting the letter, its funny the gun is quickly becoming my favorite woodcock gun. I was concerned about the DAH but it seems that when the gun goes bang my dogs are getting retrieves so everyone is happy :)
Bill Murphy
09-30-2026, 08:53 AM
The "book" is in error in several categories. Damascus 20 was one such error category. I don't know if the errata sheets corrected the error. Trap configured P grades are another error category.
Dean Weber
09-30-2026, 10:34 AM
This should help. Check out this link.
https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33663&highlight=parker+errata
Craig Larter
09-30-2026, 05:04 PM
Any Damascus 20ga Parker is a joy to own, congratulations Gary.
Gary Kephart
10-08-2026, 07:38 PM
Thanks for all the information everyone. I am waiting for my letter.
Dave Noreen
10-08-2026, 08:20 PM
After all this time shouldn't we have The Parker Story errata sheets scanned and posted as a reference on the Home Page?
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.