charlie cleveland
04-17-2016, 10:06 AM
nice sread you got there dave tell us about the parker...charlie

david ross
04-17-2016, 12:23 PM
nice sread you got there dave tell us about the parker...charlie

Hi Charlie my parker has been on the forum before but just for you its a
Remington parker from 1936 or 37 and has a half size frame. All the
dimension are as it came from parker and sold to a Mr Tayse in 1937.
I picked it up in a gun shop in Oxford.

All the best Dave.:bigbye:

CraigThompson
04-17-2016, 01:15 PM
Dave , do you eat the pigeons ? A local SxS fellow and I had a discussion about eating them a few months ago . He said he had killed some that tasted pretty decent and others that tasted like uhm you get the point . I've had them in the Philippines and they were kinda like chicken in something like Teryaki sauce and thought they tasted pretty good .

david ross
04-17-2016, 01:52 PM
Dave , do you eat the pigeons ? A local SxS fellow and I had a discussion about eating them a few months ago . He said he had killed some that tasted pretty decent and others that tasted like uhm you get the point . I've had them in the Philippines and they were kinda like chicken in something like Teryaki sauce and thought they tasted pretty good .

Hi Craig.
Yes i do eat them in a roast or curry very nice.:)
All the best Dave.

Dean Romig
04-17-2016, 01:57 PM
Dave, your Remington era Parker is in exceptionally nice condition.:cheers:

david ross
04-17-2016, 04:47 PM
Thanks Dean.
I think at some time in its life it had a make over but i think it was very well done?.
All the best Dave.

Dean Romig
04-17-2016, 07:01 PM
Show us some better pictures Dave. It looks pretty original from where we stand.

Destry L. Hoffard
04-25-2016, 09:24 PM
David,

I'm looking forward to a late August trip to Scotland for the wood pigeons. Going to shoot a couple days up around Aberdeen with my friend Kristian. Shame I won't make it down south this trip so we could give them a try together. First time over there not taking a gun, going for tourism as much as shooting so I just don't want to fool with getting the permit and toting it around. Kristian is a double gun man so I'll borrow one of his good English guns for the birds.

Destry

david ross
04-26-2016, 03:25 AM
Destry hope you have a good time over this side of the big pond.
Dave.