PDA

View Full Version : It's an early spring here

Richard Flanders
03-21-2015, 09:00 PM
Gorgeous day at my favorite ptarmigan lake down in the Ak Range. No birds seen but had a nice sunny day and even got to shoot (at) a few clays while there. No need to waste such a perfect setting. In the first picture I put a small black arrow just under the middle of the blurred prop blade to show the lake; you have to zoom way in to see it.

Dave Suponski
03-22-2015, 07:51 AM
Rich, That is so very cool! I'm green with envy!

Rick Losey
03-22-2015, 08:33 AM
its spring here too-

20 degrees and fresh snow on the ground :cuss:

nice pictures Richard, thanks

Dean Romig
03-22-2015, 11:11 AM
its spring here too-

20 degrees and fresh snow on the ground

On top of over a foot and a half of old frozen stuff... :throw:

charlie cleveland
03-22-2015, 04:07 PM
all the flowers and trees are budding out here..i will have to mow some grass soonor just wait and bushhog it after turkey season... rich that is a beautiful place you have landed in...all i can say is that your the man...thanks for the beautiful sights...charlie

Richard Flanders
03-22-2015, 09:22 PM
It was a perfect place to shoot. I was able to walk out and salvage all my unbroken clays.... which was most of them. I can't seem to quite figure out yet how to shoot this gun with 3.5" DAH. I must be shooting low. I even picked up the wads so they wouldn't be floating around in the pond when it thaws. I looked at those wads and had the thought that they could be used over. Howz that for a novel thought?

Gerald McPherson
03-23-2015, 08:39 AM
Hi Richard; I have a Parker that also has 3 1/2 in dah. That may be why it doesn't have much wear. I put an old leather lace on cheek riser on it. That helped tremendously. I also have one with 3 in dah that fits me better than any I have ever owned. It must have fit others well also because it is well worn. Great pictures. If I was a bird I would have left there also.

Richard Flanders
03-23-2015, 09:12 AM
Mine is the highest condition V grade I have owned, or handled for that matter. It has to be 90+% and lots of CC left. It clearly has been shot very little. It's a 2-bbl set, 26"/30" but both bbl sets are choked F/F, which is a bit odd, at least for the 26" bbls.

Mike Franzen
04-22-2015, 12:32 AM
How far are you from the nearest human being? Beautiful country. Thanks for sharing.

Richard Flanders
04-22-2015, 01:55 AM
Not very far really. There are some bush folks who live around an airstrip about 15-20 miles away and it's 71 miles out of Fairbanks. Not far from "civilization" really, but it sure seems like it is you're there. I need to get to places like that; good for the soul. It grounds you.

CraigThompson
04-22-2015, 07:19 AM
Heck after I get home the end of this month we'll most likely have Damage Control Deer Permits in early July . So hunting season starts again for 7 months . I'm starting to get a little long in the tooth for these extended seasons . But if truth be told I suppose I oughtta keep doing it while I can and still like doing it :rotf:

CraigThompson
04-22-2015, 07:25 AM
Need to get to practicing on my two new goose calls also and maybe I can get some half way decent results come August when the resident honker season comes in here !

Also need to take my W&C and the EH out for a few rounds of skeet and or jap trap !