PDA

View Full Version : Crows

William Davis
11-02-2014, 04:41 PM
My buddy Haley sent this one yesterday 26 Crows.

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr287/pontoon225/Crows_zps3cc4d149.jpg (http://s492.photobucket.com/user/pontoon225/media/Crows_zps3cc4d149.jpg.html)

He likes long Straight grip Parkers. It's his 32 inch VH or DHE can't tell which.

William

charlie cleveland
11-02-2014, 05:07 PM
looks like your friend had a good day on crows and looks like his aim was right on.. charlie

haley pearsall
11-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Haley Crow hunt
Its my straight grip 32" GHE, my DHE is a clay gun and my VHE is my backup
All my shotgunning is done w parker SxS's ...the good life

charlie cleveland
11-05-2014, 06:32 PM
nice array of crow guns you got there..i too like parkers for crows but sometimes i carry a old lc smith or a lowly stevens...

Robert Bork
11-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Nice bunch of crows, does anyone have a good receipe for them? I have been eating my crow cold...Beaver Bob

bobutler
11-06-2014, 12:16 PM
Very nice Haley. Crows are particularly ornery right now in TN. Easy to call and decoy. It's a great way to spend a morning, and I plan to be out there Saturday early with my 30" Elsie - 26" Parker as back up.

Make all the crows good crows.

Bo

Pete Lester
11-14-2014, 08:15 AM
Anyone who enjoys waterfowling would enjoy crow shooting as the same tactics are employed; camouflage, calling and decoys. The pluses are many including long seasons, plentiful birds, use of e-callers and and no limits. Some people dismiss it because it's a blood sport and they say they won't shoot something they don't eat, yet often these same people would shoot a coyote if they had a chance. Crows are essentially flying coyotes when it comes to the havoc they raise with small game animals and song birds. If you haven't gone on a crow shoot you should consider it, it's fun, but be advised because of the long season and ample opportunities to shoot decoying birds you may find yourself somewhat bored with other hunting pursuits in short order.

charlie cleveland
11-14-2014, 10:08 AM
good advise there mister books...charlie

Pete Lester
11-14-2014, 10:29 AM
Nice bunch of crows, does anyone have a good receipe for them? I have been eating my crow cold...Beaver Bob

Cover with water and boil for 5 or 6 hours, adding water as needed.
•Cool
•Remove meat from bones, and chop finely. Place in bowl.

•Preheat oven to 350.
•Mix cornstarch with milk, and stir until smooth.
•Add carrots, peas, celery, and onion.
•Mix well.
•Add chopped crow, and mix well.
•Put 1 pie crust in pie plate, piercing pie crust for ventilation.
•Pour crow mixture into pie shell.
•Cover with second pie shell. Seal edges with small amount of water, pierce for ventilation.

Remove from oven and let cool for 2 to 3 hours.

Throw the whole mess in the trash and go out to eat somewhere nice. :rotf:

Robert Bork
11-14-2014, 10:47 AM
That sounds good, I'll give it a try, I have a place all picked out...

Mark Landskov
11-14-2014, 11:59 AM
Check out the Crow Buster's website. They are very passionate about crows, even eating them!

http://www.crowbusters.com/cgi-bin/index.asp

Destry L. Hoffard
11-14-2014, 02:50 PM
Though I've never tried crow, they eat the same nasty crap as possums, and I've eaten plenty of those in my youth. I think I'll stick with canvasback in my old age......

Destry

Mark Landskov
11-14-2014, 03:54 PM
Plus.....they are primary carriers of West Nile Disease.

Destry L. Hoffard
11-14-2014, 03:58 PM
We had a bad run of West Nile here in Washtenaw County several years ago. I actually came down with it myself after getting bit up by mosquito's one evening at the gun club. It wasn't any fun at all.....

The following fall, I noticed when duck hunting locally, that you never even heard a crow in the distance let alone saw one. It had literally wiped them out from the area, but by the next fall they were back in force sadly.

DLH

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
11-14-2014, 09:57 PM
Beaver Bob: I was always told if you find yourself in a situation that you have to eat crow,its best to do it why its still hot. I had to do it just last week after reporting to the owner of a motel that something was removed from my room and I found it in my coat pocket. Thomas