PDA

View Full Version : Carrying The Good News East......

Destry L. Hoffard
10-31-2014, 06:46 PM
Leaving bright and early Monday morning for a week long ministerial tour. I'm beginning in the Barnegat Bay area of New Jersey where I hear there are many souls in need of redemption. I will spend three days at the Reedy Creek Church then head to the very southern tip of Illinois. My father will be joining me there to conduct a two day revival at the Government Pond Church along with a small group of local ministers. I will do my best to give a daily report to the faithful here on the forum.

Best Regards,
Rev. Hoffard

John Dallas
10-31-2014, 07:15 PM
Amen! I shot my first duck, a drake ringneck, on the Wading River, which enters into Barnegat Bay.
Tomorrow, am hosting the 35th annual Putintakinshootinfest at one of the local phez emporiums. 50 bird clays shoot (run what you brung) then 50 birds on the same course with .410's.

Phez in the afternoon, with our dogs, then the wives arrive and we sit down to an outrageous dinner prepared by (in my estimation) one of the best chefs in Mich. It's tough on the wallet, but worth every penny

Mills Morrison
10-31-2014, 09:44 PM
Hope you send them to where they get to meet a bunch of virgins

Our season opens in a few weeks. I hope to take the new boat for a scouting/trial run this weekend.

charlie cleveland
10-31-2014, 09:51 PM
hope the reverend hoffard and the rest of his ministreal group have a good flock attendance at therebrush harbor meeting. we will be listening for number on how many babtized...charlie

Destry L. Hoffard
11-04-2014, 07:30 AM
A beautiful morning here on Barnegat Bay. Sadly it's the Kind of flat calm beauty that doesn't make brant fly.

Eric Eis
11-04-2014, 11:28 AM
A beautiful morning here on Barnegat Bay. Sadly it's the Kind of flat calm beauty that doesn't make brant fly.

Hang in there Destry, they will fly......:)

Destry L. Hoffard
11-06-2014, 04:40 AM
The sermons here on the Jersey Shore have been well attended. The folks I've most wanted to meet have come to visit with us. The first morning Mr. Brant was taken into the fold then yesterday Mr. and Mr
Mrs. C. Scoter joined us. A rainy morning for my last day so I'm wondering what kind of attendance we'll have. No matter though, the trip has been a grand success.

Destry L. Hoffard
11-07-2014, 04:27 PM
The sad news is that The Swamp Angel is going to have to make a trip to Brian for some work. She's been letting go both barrels about half the time, and that's not how I like to shoot. Started up in North Dakota and has gotten worse the more hunting I do. Guess I'm going to have to break out the Super Fox.....

DLH

Rick Losey
11-07-2014, 04:30 PM
maybe you should get a double pin for the swamp angel

Destry L. Hoffard
11-07-2014, 04:33 PM
I did kill two bluebills in one shot one time when it double discharged......

Mills Morrison
11-07-2014, 04:34 PM
That sucks. We have had a rash of trigger/doubling issues this year. At least the 8 gauge wasn't one of them, knock on wood

charlie cleveland
11-07-2014, 07:03 PM
my old gun that doubled only needed a good cleaning...the swamp angel probly just wants a little time away from all of them church socials..ha....charlie

Destry L. Hoffard
11-07-2014, 07:19 PM
She's just recently been stripped and cleaned so that's not it.

DLH