PDA

View Full Version : 16 Ga. O

Russ Jackson
10-31-2014, 02:14 PM
I was the fortunate member to pick this little gun up a week or so ago from our Web Site , it is Parker Brothers ,14290,a 16 Ga. O framed gun with lightening cuts , I believe this gun to possibly be the second 16 Ga.built by Parker and possibly the first with Twist Steel Barrels ! I haven't had a chance to do any of the minor issues it needs to the gun with the exception of measuring barrel wall thickness to make sure they are sound which they are very sound ,minor pitting but measured 31 Thou.Minimal Wall Thickness ! I was invited on a Pheasant hunt that was to take place this morning and decided to take the little under lifter and as you can see even after 135 Years the Little Gal still functions just Fine !I was stopped and checked by a Local Game Warden today and He seemed more than impressed with the little gun and that I was carrying a Damascus barreled Gun , He mentioned his Grand Dad carries a Parker and it had just fell over in the gun cabinet and cracked the stock !

Mills Morrison
10-31-2014, 03:05 PM
Real nice. Cover page photo material

Dean Romig
10-31-2014, 07:01 PM
Russ please show us lots of pictures. I never even knew it was for sale on the forum... Drat!

Unless I am misinformed, Robin Lewis' 16 ga. Grade-5 Lifter was the first.

Russ Jackson
10-31-2014, 07:10 PM
Hello Dean , I was going by the Guns Found list in PP and scouring through the Serialization Book which we all know is wonderful but sometimes .......:)

Russ Jackson
10-31-2014, 08:08 PM
Actually Dean ,I honestly haven't taken any other photos.I just started my vacation a couple of days ago and have been hanging out in my tree stand looking for a decent Buck ,I actually got a nice 8 Point this evening so I will make a point of taking some photos and posting them !

Dean Romig
10-31-2014, 08:31 PM
Thanks Russ. Congrats on the buck. It's nice to have venison in the freezer. It's been a while for me but I'm ever the optimist.

charlie cleveland
10-31-2014, 09:47 PM
congratulations on the 8 point buck...the 16 lifter is a fine bird gun because you got the proof...i figure it will be in a few more hunting trips before long...charlie