PDA

View Full Version : 2 week trip

Harold Lee Pickens
10-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Bill Murphy had asked me about my upcoming bird trip. I have been going to the UP every year since 1986, and will leave next Fri. for 2 weeks. Since I have been going for 28 years, I know the area quite well and every year expand my number of excellent coverts. I hunt the Iron-Dickinson-Marquette county area.
I will limit the guns I take this year to my GH 16 O frame, and my VHE 20. I often take 5-6 guns, but am going light this year. I have a new ES pup, Fancy, that will make the trip with my 2 other setters, but is just too young to hunt.
You can bet she will smell and get her mouth on plenty of birds however, and I will walk her down some tote roads daily. I rent a beautiful cabin on a lake, and often have grouse in the driveway. I hunt hard, starting early, and hunt until dark. When by myself, I pull out a camp chair at the end of the day and have a cold one as the coyotes and yes, the wolves start their serenade. My friend Terry will ride up with me and stay for a week or so then fly home.
COB, aka, Mr Anderson has a cabin about 5 miles up the road, so hope to share a little time and amber liquid with him.
I should have plenty of pictures when I get back, and yes Rick, I will stop I and say "hello" to Ralph for you.

Mills Morrison
10-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun. Can't wait to hear about it and see pictures.