PDA

View Full Version : 2ND BIRD-NO TREE THIS TIME

Jerry Harlow
04-25-2014, 08:06 AM
Supposed to have been at the Southern by now, leaving hours before daylight. Came home and two birds strutting in my field yesterday afternoon. What would Charlie do?

He had come to calls but skirted me three times always going into the woods at the exact same place about one hundred yards away. Ignored decoys completely. Got under the only tree in the field.

Forty-two long steps with the NH. One and a half ounces of nickel plated fours.:)

Todd Schrock
04-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Awesome Jerry! Way to out "fox" him.

charlie cleveland
04-25-2014, 06:33 PM
nice going there jerry..i woulda done the same thing you did ..this is really a nice bird you have taken..them no 4 s sure did the trick.what more could a man ask for than take a nice turkey and roll your own shells with a 10 ga parker.. charlie

Mills Morrison
04-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Great to meet you at the Southern Jerry. I went out for an hour at Dad's place this afternoon and saw nothing until I was riding back to the house.

Jerry Harlow
04-27-2014, 08:37 PM
Mills,

Good to put faces to some of the names this weekend at the Southern. Going after number three, the last one, in the morning. Up at 5 a.m. I know where five more gobblers are, but it's the luck of the draw that I decide to pick the right one in the morning to go after.

Dropping back to 12 gauge and hoping he does not hang up on me. But this week should be the peak of the turkey "rut" here. Hopefully they will be looking for love in the wrong place. The end of a 32" twist PH if it is not raining.