PDA

View Full Version : Took my Sweety bobwhite hunting

Mike Shepherd
01-31-2014, 09:12 PM
Ruth Anne and I went quail hunting last week.

She shot her little Parker VHE sixteen O frame, 26" barrels, five and three quarter pounds. I have bought several double guns for her but she doesn't know about most of them. She has built up quite a collection. I may tell her about her collection someday. I carried an identical gun except 28" barrels, slinged, and heavier.

Beautiful day. Moved a few coveys and had lots of fun.

Here is a picture of Ruth Anne with the four-wheeler and two of our French Brittanys. That is eight year old Molly in the crate. She is a journeyman hunter, backs and retrieves to hand. Two year old Buddy is on the ground. He is coming around. Busts too many birds but when he does it right he does it right. Also retrieves to hand and is starting to catch on to backing. Knows what "whoa" and "here" mean and sometimes he complies.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l274/AmarilloMike/photo13.jpg

Craig Parker
01-31-2014, 10:00 PM
Mike, do you need Pete to show Buddy what sometimes really means:rotf: the old two bird, one bob and the one the dog can give:shock:. How's Red doing?
Craig

Mike Shepherd
01-31-2014, 11:02 PM
He is fine!

This is from the day before:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l274/AmarilloMike/RedandBob.jpg

Bruce Day
02-01-2014, 08:18 AM
Now Mike, when we have gotten together for hunting, you've just brought the dogs. You have been holding out on us. Next time, send Ruth Ann with the dogs. You can come too.

Your friends.

Mike Shepherd
02-01-2014, 08:36 AM
She is much too refined to hang around rascals like y'all. :)

Mike Shepherd
02-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Mike, do you need Pete to show Buddy what sometimes really means:rotf: the old two bird, one bob and the one the dog can give:shock:. How's Red doing?
Craig

Pete is Craig's German Shorthair Pointer. In our field trial crowd Craig is known as "Pete's bitc#."

Craig Parker
02-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Bruce you need to meet Mrs. Ruth to see why Mike can go out in public, took her years of training.lol

As for Mike, aka The BirdDog Whisperer don't let him talk to your dog before a brace. Learned the hard way but began to watch and nobody would let him talk to there dog in the blind.:shock:

Craig