PDA

View Full Version : Old Chip

Russ Jackson
01-22-2014, 10:24 AM
Just sitting here thinking about all of the Great Hunts with my Old Buddy Chip ! Chip formed a large Mass in His Throat a few months back and sadly Passed ,on 1/20/2014 ,He would have been 15 Years old if He would have survived to June ! This picture was our last hunt ,I told Him we would try to get one last Woodcock and that I would take him out for His Favorite meal ,A Burger King Burger " Minus Pickles " ,Fries and a Coke ! We hunted this last hunt for about 20 Minutes as he was having a tough time breathing but He managed one Find , a beautiful point and I managed to shoot straight ! It was just another one of those Great Hunts !

Mills Morrison
01-22-2014, 10:33 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss Russ . . .

Angel Cruz
01-22-2014, 11:05 AM
That's too bad about Chip, Russ. Such a beautiful Brittany.

Daryl Corona
01-22-2014, 11:12 AM
As one dog lover to another I feel your pain. Cherish all the great memories of your hunts together.
Daryl

Eric Eis
01-22-2014, 11:18 AM
I am sorry for your loss Russ. That is the problem with being a dog owner, seeing them pass, but later you only remember the good times of being out in the field with him. What a lucking dog he was to have his owner be able to take him out for one last hunt....Eric

Marc Retallack
01-22-2014, 11:26 AM
There have been way too many of these posts on the forums I frequent as of late. Terribly sorry to learn of your loss Russ.

Marcus

Greg Baehman
01-22-2014, 11:26 AM
It's never easy. Cherish the memories.

chris dawe
01-22-2014, 11:48 AM
That's too bad Russ...but you "had him for almost fifteen years " is the best way to look at it .

Burger and fries ,that sir ,is priceless:p

Visited my uncle this morning ,his setter of 14 years is on his last legs..he's old school and thinks he should do it himself ,but just can't ...he knows he has to go to the vet ,but is having a hard time making the call ,but will today .

It's never easy is it .

Harold Lee Pickens
01-22-2014, 11:52 AM
Russ, old buddy, I know how much you loved that dog, you talked about him when we met. One of our PGCA members, Blue Collar, recently posted and I quote his post,
"do not bury your heart with your pet". That really stuck with me and I hope it helps you.
Harold

Russ Jackson
01-22-2014, 12:21 PM
Chris ,Never Easy !!!!!!!!!!!! I knew the outcome before calling my Vet also but She is a Loving Young Lady and we took him in a side door away from the others and She spent time discussing the past and Lovingly put Him down !

Larry Frey
01-22-2014, 12:32 PM
Russ,
Fourteen years is a lot of great memories. As dog lovers we know the day will come when we have to say goodbye but they are worth the pain. I was without a dog for two weeks after my last Lab passed and getting a puppy was the best way to let go and look ahead to more great days in the field with man's best friend.

Jeff Christie
01-22-2014, 03:36 PM
We faced the same issue a few years ago. My vet came to the cottage and put her to sleep in the living room she loved. It could not have been more gracefully done.

Russ- As bad as you feel (and all of us who hunt with dogs have been there) you must start the process of a successor immediately. It helps more than I can describe.

Rich Anderson
01-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Russ I'm so sorry for your loss. My wife had ordered a plaque with the following saying on it and gave it to me when Gunner passed with a note as if it was from him. I'd like to share the wording with you.

It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the componets of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are. Anonymous

Russ you gave Chip the final act of love that you could and he will always be with you.:crying:

Dave Suponski
01-22-2014, 08:16 PM
Russ, So sorry to hear of your loss. Chip looks like a great partner.

Mills Morrison
01-22-2014, 08:38 PM
That is a great saying Rich and very true

Dean Romig
01-22-2014, 11:43 PM
With love and dignity you did what you knew you had to do. It takes guts Russ - we know.

Russ Jackson
01-23-2014, 02:15 AM
I am just getting in from work and I usually check our Site to see what is happening ,just wanted to say ,THANK YOU ALL ,for all the Kind Words and Thoughts ! Russ

Thomas L. Benson Sr.
01-23-2014, 11:38 AM
Russ: sorry for the loss of your hunting buddy and friend. Thomas

ron belanger
01-24-2014, 10:34 PM
So sad for your great loss of a cherished companion...

charlie cleveland
01-25-2014, 08:35 AM
russ the right words have never come to my mind whenmoments like this arise so all i will say is remember the good times....charlie

Steve Kleist
01-26-2014, 05:54 PM
I can’t think of anything that brings me closer to tears than when my old dog – completely exhausted after a hard day in the field – limps away from her nice spot in front of the fire and comes over to where I’m sitting and puts her head in my lap, a paw over my knee, and closes her eyes, and goes back to sleep. I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve that kind of a friend. Gene Hill

Matt Valinsky
01-26-2014, 10:11 PM
Those are the days that you wish would never come. Sorry for your loss.