PDA

View Full Version : Quail Hunting in Texas

Dean Romig
01-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Some time ago Steve Rivers asked me to post these pictures on the forum.
Apologies to Steve that I didn't do it sooner.

Their specialized "Quail Car" is a done over 1941 Cadillac that pulls a dog trailer.
This is near Millett, Texas and the dogs are English Pointers and they cover a lot of ground. Two of the group shoot Parkers - Steve shoots a 16 ga. VH and another hunter shot a 28 gauge DHE Reproduction.

David Dwyer
01-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Now that is a classy "guailmobile" Texas style!! That puts our SC stuff to shame.
David

charlie cleveland
01-21-2014, 05:59 PM
i could go for a shoot in that 41 caddy...i ve seen it all now...i like it...charlie

Rick Losey
01-21-2014, 07:09 PM
i could go for a shoot in that 41 caddy...i ve seen it all now...i like it...charlie

did you ever finish that clean out job you started a while back Charlie?

if not, may be one around there to build your own . :)

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11217&highlight=ford

Russ Jackson
01-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Now that is one classy Quail Wagon ,maybe I should do a little cutting and welding on the old Austin Healey ,if we just had some Quail !!!!

Rick Losey
01-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Now that is one classy Quail Wagon ,maybe I should do a little cutting and welding on the old Austin Healey ,if we just had some Quail !!!!

well - the first thing to cut on the Healey is the muffler - 'cause you are going to lose it anyway :rotf:

Russ Jackson
01-22-2014, 09:35 AM
Maybe some shackles on the leaf springs would help out !Now where are those leaf springs ???? :rotf:

Dean Romig
01-22-2014, 02:26 PM
Maybe I should do a little cutting and welding on the old Austin Healey ,if we just had some Quail !!!!

Well you've got Ruffed Grouse and if you just plunk that Austin Healey body down on an old Jeep CJ chassis you'll be able to get right in there among them!!

Russ Jackson
01-22-2014, 02:32 PM
I hadn't thought of that Dean ,it could double as a Deer Getter too ! By the way ,I just happen to have an old Cherokee sitting around here I use for firewood....:rotf:

charlie cleveland
01-22-2014, 07:16 PM
never finished that clean up i started..so i got to looking in the junk field and found a old 39 mercury with only 39000 on it somebody barrowed the motor and trans.we got no quail in huntable numbers so i guess the project is on hold till we get the quail back....charlie