PDA

View Full Version : Father/son Pheasant Hunt

Harold Lee Pickens
01-20-2014, 08:35 AM
My son was named the Director Of Tennis/head pro at Ogelbay Park Resort and Conference Center in Wheeling, so to celebrate I took him on a pheasant hunt. He used his Rem. 1187 Sporting Upland 20 and I used the venerable GH 16. He shot pretty well, and I just shot back up unless he couldnt get a shot. This summer I plan to get him into shooting my doubles. He traveled the country playing tennis as a junior, then college, then the Futures pro circuit and has never had the chance to shoot/hunt much. I hope to remedy that.

Rick Losey
01-20-2014, 08:42 AM
looks like a good day out Harold

good luck redirecting the obviously good hand eye coordination of tennis into shooting

Mills Morrison
01-20-2014, 09:22 AM
That is great Harold. Thanks for sharing

Harold Lee Pickens
01-20-2014, 09:55 AM
Rick, jeremy is ambidextrous. He eats and writes left-handed; but is right eyed, so he shoots right handed. He can play tennis and serve with either hand. He used to juggle tennis balls and raquets before his college matches just to psych out his opponents--I bought him a unicycle when he was young so he could get a job in a circus if all else fails.

charlie cleveland
01-20-2014, 08:06 PM
ya ll make a great team together...charlie

Dean Romig
01-20-2014, 09:29 PM
He should be a natural at low gun skeet.

Daryl Corona
01-21-2014, 03:36 PM
Good looking young man Harold. You must be very proud. Got his looks from his mom did he?:rotf:

Grantham Forester
02-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Both of you will treasure those great times spent afield together. So glad you took the pictures, looks like you had a great day, and a fine looking setter as well.