PDA

View Full Version : Ste. Anne's again.....

Destry L. Hoffard
10-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Got a last minute call from my friend yesterday, thankfully I'd finished up what office work I needed to do so I was able to run home for gear and make the two hour drive to Walpole Island. Essentially a repeat of our last hunt, clouds of greenwing teal coming into the hole with startling regularity. We managed a couple mallards, one blackjack, and the rest little ducks for our limits. Blackjacks are thick on the marsh right now but the hole we were hunting was small so the only one we killed was a high passing drake I managed to roll out with the Swamp Angel. Supposed to be a big wind blowing tomorrow, the boys are hunting the lake and I just might try to sneak away. We shall see.....

DLH

Jay Gardner
10-31-2013, 01:06 PM
Pictures, Destry. We all want to see pictures! Enjoy the hunt - looks like it will be great gunning.

Destry L. Hoffard
10-31-2013, 01:08 PM
Sorry, I always forget to ask Jim to take some. I'm still living in the stone age, don't even have a digital camera or smart phone.

DLH

charlie cleveland
10-31-2013, 07:37 PM
sounds like you had a good hunt and glad to hear the swamp angel is seeing action again... charlie

Russ Jackson
11-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Sounds like a Fun Hunt Destry ! Good luck if you can sneak out of the office again to give her another go ,as for the phone ,They are a pain in the neck ,I ditched mine for a Track Phone but I picked my digital camera up at Walmart years ago for a little over a hundred bucks and I take it every where ,best money I ever spent on a gadget !

Stephen Hodges
11-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Destry said "Got a last minute call from my friend yesterday, thankfully I'd finished up what office work I needed to do so I was able to run home for gear and make the two hour drive to Walpole Island"

Lets be real Destry..................you would have gone and finished up the office work later......right???:whistle: