PDA

View Full Version : advice near MD

John Talmage
10-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Hello,

I am looking to get back involved in some upland shooting. I have the equipment (Parker 12 and 20) to use, but really have no idea what may be close from Baltimore. I grew up near NY. Thank you for anyone pointing me in a direction.

Jake

charlie cleveland
10-30-2013, 04:47 PM
john glad your back into shooting..theres some fellas that live in the area your asking about..they will tell you were you can shoot i m sure...if you lived close by me we could shoot in the front yard... charlie ps i live in mississippi...

Rick Losey
10-30-2013, 04:58 PM
John, have you joined any of your local shooting clubs. Take some time and get to know some of the members.

and have you checked out you state's dept of natural resources site, most states list public hunting areas.

most folks will want to get to know you first, invites come later

David Dwyer
10-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Charlie
Where in Miss.? Some of my best duck hunting has been in S. La.
David

Daryl Corona
10-30-2013, 08:00 PM
John;
Where do you live and are you interested in preserve shooting or wild birds? Wild birds are pretty scarce in these parts unless you head to western MD. for grouse and woodcock. I'm north of Balto. and can give you some decent preserves to shoot. PM me and we can figure something out for you.
Daryl

charlie cleveland
10-30-2013, 09:24 PM
i m in north east mississippi...we have some ducks but not as good as the delta hunting.. charlie

Harold Lee Pickens
11-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Never hunted in MD, but have heard that the Savage River Wildlife Management Area in Western MD can be good for grouse and woodcock. Of course it will take some time and effort to scout out this area.
Good luck!!

Bill Murphy
11-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Daryl's gun club is open to the public. It is near Timonium. It is quite a nice place to shoot trap and skeet. Loch Raven is the name of the club.