PDA

View Full Version : Foul Fowl Hunting

Peter Clark
10-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Duck season stinks here, so far. For the first time in years we are into our second week and I haven't killed a duck or even shot at one. Thanks to our Govt., the local refuges are "closed" even though their one LEO is still on duty as "essential". Meanwhile, ducks are kegged up there living the life of Riley. Managed a few geese but ducks are what I like.

Here are the pics. It was cold as you can see from Wyatt's face. He could not connect in the AM so I shot all those. That was the limit so in the PM I let him shoot the big gun and he finally got one. It was warmer as well. Hope the ducking improves. Drought, shutdowns, what next????

-plc-

Mills Morrison
10-13-2013, 09:45 AM
I can think of worse ways to spend time. Hoping we get some cold weather to get some ducks down our way.

charlie cleveland
10-13-2013, 02:33 PM
boy what a beautiful spot to hunt..those big birds must make be like giant oak trees coming down...there huge....and thats a great looking gun wyatts holding there also what loads do you boys use to bring those big geese down with... charlie

Peter Clark
10-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Thanks Charlie. We were shooting a mixture of Nice shot and Bismuth. About out of #2 Bismuth so I guess it will be Nice shot from now on. I don't see any loose #2 Bismuth for sale. I got what I had by taking apart some 3" #2 Bismuth 12 gauge shells I had and reloading into 2 3/4" cases. Never really saw the need for 3" but I had some.

Destry L. Hoffard
10-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Michigan opened on Saturday and I literally forgot. I'm losing my burn to hunt apparently, I could have given it a go at a little place up the road. Just wood ducks I'm guessing, but I might have gotten a shot. I'm sure the local boys have burned them out by now so I'll wait for colder weather. I realized it this morning, that I'd forgotten......

DLH

charlie cleveland
10-14-2013, 08:55 PM
hope you dont get as bad as i am destrey..i forgot the opening day of the youth squirl season.never had i done this before...but i did better the next weekend and went hunting...its not that youre more forgetful as you grow older its just you have so much more to remember as you get older at least that was what i was told...charlie