PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Youth opener, Colorado

Peter Clark
10-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Took young Wyatt out for the youth duck hunt last weekend. Only went one day because he wanted to try for elk on Sunday. Before you ask, no he did not get one (but Dad did). There will be more chances.

Here are some photos. I let him leave the M-12 home this time and Parkerize them. Notice he is growing up and so is little Josey, the Labrador.

Also included a photo of our view of the decoy spread (part of it) and just for fun one of some old fart on a paint horse? What's that doing in here???? :)

Enjoy.

-plc-

charlie cleveland
10-03-2013, 06:28 PM
mighty nice young shooter you got there and looks like he can shoot too by the pile of ducks..what gauge gun was he shooting...old paint looks pretty good too...very nice scenery where ya ll were shooting..and a fine looking retrever too... charlie

Peter Clark
10-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Thanks Charlie. He was shooting our 20 gauge Parker Reproduction with the M/F barrels on and Tungsten Matrix #5. He got five mallards and a teal. The dog is just over two and the horse is five so he's not really an "old paint". And just for information I was wearing a single action Colt on my cartridge belt in that photo and that is a Sharps business rifle in the scabbard.

Dennis V. Nix
10-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Wyatt,
That was great shooting. You and your dad should be very proud of a job well done.

Dennis

Mark Ouellette
10-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Thanks for including photos. They add so much to a story...

Mark

Destry L. Hoffard
10-07-2013, 03:35 PM
He's got good taste in hats.

DLH

Peter Clark
10-07-2013, 09:07 PM
He's got good taste in hats.

DLH

Who does? Wyatt or me?

Destry L. Hoffard
10-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Both of you actually, I have a hat very similar to each example. *wink*

DLH

Rich Anderson
10-09-2013, 01:30 PM
I was wondering about the sidearm.
A straight grip 20...your going to spoil that boy....way to go:bowdown:

Kurt Densmore
10-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Yep, nice Stormy Kromer....from Michigan of course.
Where do you hide in that prairie landscape?

Kurt

Peter Clark
10-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Yep, nice Stormy Kromer....from Michigan of course.
Where do you hide in that prairie landscape?

Kurt

Kurt,
We have a couple of those roll up portable blinds we set up in taller grass and weeds. There was a ditch behind us as well.
Nice call web site!

Kurt Densmore
10-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Glad you enjoyed the website. Wish I had time this summer to turn some calls. Pretty low on stock right now.

What kind of roll up blinds? I have a couple of X-landers that are more of a backpack blind.

What are you shooting out of the Parker 20? I need a good non toxic reload. Got some ITX that need to go into some 20ga hulls.

Kurt

Peter Clark
10-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Glad you enjoyed the website. Wish I had time this summer to turn some calls. Pretty low on stock right now.

What kind of roll up blinds? I have a couple of X-landers that are more of a backpack blind.

What are you shooting out of the Parker 20? I need a good non toxic reload. Got some ITX that need to go into some 20ga hulls.

Kurt

I think the blinds are Avery??? They roll up and have a little sack they go in. Cost about 50 bucks from Cabela's.
My son was shooting Tungsten Matrix factory ammo in the 20. I had some I have had for awhile. They are very stout loads, in fact I killed a large goose with one at long range a few days ago and it was #5 shot. I prefer Bismuth or Nice shot as I can load that. I still have a supply of Bismuth in 20 gauge so haven't loaded for the 20. When that is depleted I will no doubt use loose Nice shot or Bismuth as I do in the 12. Folks at Precision Reloading will give you the tables they have developed for Nice shot in a PDF if you ask them. The guy I talked to said use any lead recipe you are comfortable with and add 1500 pounds PSI to the pressure figures. I asked specifically about that and he said it varies but 1500 was a good rule of thumb both for safety and protection of older firearms.
-plc-