PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska Sharptail Shootout 2013

Bruce Day
08-29-2013, 09:08 AM
In a few weeks, Team Parker will be gathering to participate in the 2013 Sharptail Shootout in the sandhills of western Nebraska. Several members will be coming from eastern Missouri, Dick Dow and I eastward from Montana.

Its a great hunt in a special place, never broken by the plow and mostly unchanged since the buffalo, Cheyenne and Sioux. The Oregon and California emigrant trails passed along the Platte River, one foot deep and a mile wide, south of here. The Mormon pioneers walked and pulled handcarts to the valley of the Great Salt Lake along this trail.

We've had rain this year, sometimes scarce out on the High Plains. The plains green up quickly and become a rolling sea of wildflowers. So this year we hunt in sunflowers. Ranches of 10,000 acres. Native prairie grouse only, the same birds that were here 1000 years ago. Parkers only.

Ralph nannola
08-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Sr.
i haqve been up their not at the sharptail shoot out that looks like a lot of fun if you end up with a team member out i would like to have a oppertunity to join you.
have a great hunt.