PDA

View Full Version : just a thought

charlie cleveland
06-21-2013, 05:19 PM
well as most know i ve wanted to take a deer with the 8 ga punkin ball load for a few years now...some way its just not been in thebook that i get one with this round..im limited by range accuracy for sure35 yards is as far as i will shoot but would like for the big one to be at 25 yards or less...will soon start practiceing again but will have another old parker 8 to help practice with who knows it may be a better shooter than the gun ive been useing..i truly look forward to hunting season again..does anyone else have anything they can add on useing the roundball load...charlie

Craig Parker
06-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Charlie, Nothing to add but this is the Year :)

Craig

charlie cleveland
06-22-2013, 07:16 PM
thanks craig i hope this is the year....it sure is a lot of fun foolin around with these round ball loads... im very sure the 2 ounce round ball will have lots of effect on that deer when the two meet up or connect... i wish i had some loading information on the old 8 ga round ball loads but i do not...i ve just had to substute a given shot load and use a round ball instead...any of ya ll know of any old loading info on the old round ball loads i d like to hear about them... charlie

wayne goerres
06-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Ill bet that kicks like a mule. Are you useing bp.

charlie cleveland
06-23-2013, 10:20 AM
not much of a kick at all...no i use smokeless powder for this load...i m useing 40 grains of bluedot powder...its a good load not bad on shoulder or the old gun... charlie