Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

PGCA On-line Membership.....
Unread 09-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,185 Times in 829 Posts

Default PGCA On-line Membership.....

Over the years, PGCA has evolved into one of the largest member supported firearm collecting associations in existence. This growth, in no small way, is thanks to your membership, involvement and enthusiasm – thank you! We, of the Parker Gun Collectors Association greatly value and appreciate your support.

In fact, we have two ways for you to renew your PGCA Membership, either on-line with an automated membership system or our traditional renewal process. Many members have requested us to provide a choice for renewals, and as PGCA, we wanted to be certain we “did it right” from the onset. We believe we have accomplished that goal by now being able to offer renewals securely “on-line”.

If you would like join PGCA or renew your PGCA Membership on line - simply click here:
Join or Renew my Membership now.....

If you need to CHANGE of EDIT your Membership information, please go here:
Update my PGCA Membership information

If you have any questions - please post in this thread and I'll try to get you set as quickly as possible. As well - if you are an NEW PGCA Member - WELCOME ABOARD! You should receive your PGCA Membership packet in three weeks or less..!

My Best to all!

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
JLoew
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,280 Times in 844 Posts

Fellow Members-

A very HEARTY Thank you to the Membership Team (John, Jennifer, Tom, Etc.) for bringing this to fruition. John Dunkle has done much work for the PGCA and he is to be congratulated and thanked for bringing this project to reality.
Josh Loewensteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Josh Loewensteiner For Your Post:
Unread 09-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,590 Times in 12,459 Posts

I know this has taken a lot of work and has been beaten nearly to death by both proponents and opponents (or at least, skeptics) of on-line memberships.
I must say "Congratulations" to everyone involved in bringing this about. I believe "On-line Membership" can bring nothing but the very best results to the Parker Gun Collector's Association in the months and years ahead.

"Hats Off" to you guys!!
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 09-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Hi folks..!

Many, many thanks for your kind words and support! As well, I’ve been taking on some questions from some of you, and thought it would be a good idea to explain how this works, OK? If folks e-mail me other questions – I’ll add them to this post…

The on-line Membership look-up… (Find my Membership!!!)
That is an excel spreadsheet (protected in the website), formatted as a database, which I programmed a few forms to look up your Membership information. That database (excel spreadsheet) will be updated regularly by Jennifer. As she hands off updates to me – I’ll add them in – but it’s not “instantaneous” as is much of the on-line Membership system.

What happens when you renew or join on-line?
  1. As soon as your payment is cleared (typically seconds) by PayPal, your title is upgraded to “PGCA Member” (if you are a new member). If you are a current PGCA Member with that title, it is unchanged.
  2. After payment is received, and you click from PayPal the “Return to Merchant” button – it takes you directly to a Membership information form to have you fill out your name, phone number and stuff for the PGCA Roster. Once you submit that, I get a copy, Jennifer gets an e-mail copy and it’s posted in a private forum on this site for reference.
  3. For right now, my PayPal address is being used by PGCA – which is no problem and we’ll change that to a PGCA PayPal account in the not-to-distant future.
  4. As soon as I see the PayPal notice in my account – I redirect a copy to PGCAmembership@gmail AND send back to you a “Thank You” note acknowledging your payment and thanking you for your support of PGCA. As an aside – I’d like to thank many of you for your wonderful replies to my “Thank You” note!
  5. If you are a new PGCA Member and joined on-line, you should get your Welcome package at your home address within three weeks. If you have joined on-line, and that is not the case, please let me know, OK?
  6. You will also get automated subscription reminders from the website before your PGCA Membership expires (30 days, 15 days and 5 days).

Again – many thanks!

John
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Dunkle For Your Post:
Unread 09-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #5
Mike
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks John & Team for the reminders. Dad gum time goes bye fast.

Mike
Mike Wilkerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
winplumber
PGCA Member

Member Info

To Whom ?? I have received my update package but my title is still a forum member not back to a PGCA member . Please help !!!!! and Thanks
Steve Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,327 Times in 2,083 Posts

My membership was listed as expired in 7/09 and I know thats wrong. We will see how this high tech stuff works out
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Anderson View Post
..We will see how this high tech stuff works out
I'm sorry.. Your Membership took about 1.9 seconds to process through my servers.. I'll try to get it down to less than one second next time for you, Rich..

John
Unread 10-08-2010, 02:14 AM   #9
CHE
PGCA Member

Member Info

first of all I tried to e-mail you 2 times with no success so I am trying this way.
When does my membership expire? I thought I renewed in jan 2010 not expired. I have been a member all this year and now all of a sudden I am not. Please clarify, I am confused. Thomas Leshinsky # 354
tom leshinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #10
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Hi Tom!

Not sure if you tried me or PGCAMemberships@gmail (Jennifer ) - but I'm not seeing a note from you?? No matter at all though! OK - I just got the updated roster from Jennifer (yesterday) and what I'm seeing on your Membership is it expired January 2010 and the most recent payment PGCA received was January 2009....

Anyway - honestly? You are not alone, as many folks are surprised that their Membership has lapsed as well? And further, one of the things we are trying to accomplish with the on-line Memberships is to make it easier and more convenient for folks.

Tom, again - my apologies for not getting your previous e-mail - and maybe we could have done a better job communicating with our Members. While we are making great strides to improve that communications today, it doesn't absolve that fact we could have done it better previously. Even though it's not my responsibility personally, I apologize for that as well - as all of us combined are the PGCA....

Tom, my best to you!

John