Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

2013 PGCA Annual Meeting Silent Auction Results
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,358 Times in 12,409 Posts

Default 2013 PGCA Annual Meeting Silent Auction Results

First, we would like to express our most sincere "Thank You" to all those members and businesses alike, for your very generous donations of fine and desirable auction items. More on that later, but here are the results of the Silent Auction;

2013 gross sales $4,789.00

2012 gross sales $2,363.00

2011 gross sales $2,590.00

And a big "Thank You" to the bidders who obviously liked the array of fine auction items.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,364 Times in 4,429 Posts

That is great! Particularly since I heard there was a lower turnout. There were certainly some desirable auction items this year.
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #3
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

The attendance at the Banquet was about 50 which I don't really consider a "lower turnout". We have had a few Banquets with similar attendance.

The real lower turnout was at Addieville which I don't think anyone could have predicted and which I'm certain is a direct result of three big events in three consecutive weekends at widely distanced geographical locations. For as long as I can remember the PGCA Annual Meeting has been held on the last weekend of September and maybe its time to take a hard look at that.

Dean
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

The Fall Southern was a similar story. A smaller crowd than last year. From my perspective, that was the only one we could go to, due to distance.
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #5
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Mills, and everyone - That is exactly the perception we, the BOD, have about these events. On average, it will cost a person about $1,000 to attend one of these events. This includes travel expenses, lodging, meals, and spending money on other sundry things. In this economy most people have to decide which one they will be attending.... if any.

We do the very best we can to try to determine where to hold the Annual Meeting and how it will give the PGCA Membership the very best "bang for the buck" and we always keep our fingers crossed that we have made the right decision for the majority of Members. It is a very tough economy and everyone is affected in some way.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

The board has my full support. I am not complaining in the least. Last year the annual meeting was very convenient for me and this year it was more convenient to members in the northeast. I like the idea of the annual meeting moving around to give members in different parts of the country the opportunity to attend one. Also, for those able to travel further, having the event in different locales gives them the opportunity to visit different shooting/show venues. Just my .02
The Following User Says Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #7
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanks Jent - I mostly agree with Mr. Barclay's assessment of where the Vintage Cup is going.

I am not a member of the Vintagers.

The PGCA on the other hand, is healthier than ever and has been increasing in membership in very healthy numbers for the last several years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 10-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,770 Times in 635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jent P Mitchell III View Post
Hello Dean, Did I understand correctly ??? We had ONLY 50 members of our PGCA show up at the annual members meeting of the PGCA ??? Please confirm the attendance at our PGCA annual members meeting in Rhode Island for me and all other concerned members. If only 50 PGCA members, plus or minus a few, showed up something went wrong. Thank You for your reporting to those of us located South of the Mason Dixon Line. Can any other member here on the bbs give an eyewitness report on the attendance at our annual members meeting in Rhode Island ??? Good Shooting To Us All, Jent
Jent,
If you don't believe Dean then I can give you an eyewitness accounting. We sold 54 tickets to the event which is on par with the last two years events which were held in South Carolina last year and Louisville Kentucky the year before. As for your concern about what went wrong I would say absolutely nothing, as I had people coming up to me for two days telling me it was the best Annual Meeting they had ever attended. If I had to find one thing wrong it would be that after all the time and effort so many people put into creating a first class experience we still have "concerned members" who "did not attend" that want to know "what went wrong". See you at the Spring Southern.
Larry Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Larry Frey For Your Post:
Unread 10-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #9
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,661 Times in 4,634 Posts

Regarding the silent auction... This year, the club let loose a lot of nice items from their collection in order to put them out into the hands of the members. A good amount of original factory tools and memorabilia. As well as a lot of other high quality contributions from individuals.
A big thank you to the PGCA and other contributors for this!
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #10
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,918 Times in 4,777 Posts

I'm sorry I missed Allan's coffee grinders. Linda tells me we need more at our house.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote