Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2013 PGCA Annual Meeting Silent Auction Results (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11535)

Dean Romig 10-01-2013 08:22 AM

2013 PGCA Annual Meeting Silent Auction Results

First, we would like to express our most sincere "Thank You" to all those members and businesses alike, for your very generous donations of fine and desirable auction items. More on that later, but here are the results of the Silent Auction;

2013 gross sales $4,789.00

2012 gross sales $2,363.00

2011 gross sales $2,590.00

And a big "Thank You" to the bidders who obviously liked the array of fine auction items.

Mills Morrison 10-01-2013 08:25 AM

That is great! Particularly since I heard there was a lower turnout. There were certainly some desirable auction items this year.

Dean Romig 10-01-2013 08:36 AM

The attendance at the Banquet was about 50 which I don't really consider a "lower turnout". We have had a few Banquets with similar attendance.

The real lower turnout was at Addieville which I don't think anyone could have predicted and which I'm certain is a direct result of three big events in three consecutive weekends at widely distanced geographical locations. For as long as I can remember the PGCA Annual Meeting has been held on the last weekend of September and maybe its time to take a hard look at that.

Dean

Mills Morrison 10-01-2013 08:44 AM

The Fall Southern was a similar story. A smaller crowd than last year. From my perspective, that was the only one we could go to, due to distance.

Dean Romig 10-01-2013 08:58 AM

Mills, and everyone - That is exactly the perception we, the BOD, have about these events. On average, it will cost a person about $1,000 to attend one of these events. This includes travel expenses, lodging, meals, and spending money on other sundry things. In this economy most people have to decide which one they will be attending.... if any.

We do the very best we can to try to determine where to hold the Annual Meeting and how it will give the PGCA Membership the very best "bang for the buck" and we always keep our fingers crossed that we have made the right decision for the majority of Members. It is a very tough economy and everyone is affected in some way.

Mills Morrison 10-01-2013 09:10 AM

The board has my full support. I am not complaining in the least. Last year the annual meeting was very convenient for me and this year it was more convenient to members in the northeast. I like the idea of the annual meeting moving around to give members in different parts of the country the opportunity to attend one. Also, for those able to travel further, having the event in different locales gives them the opportunity to visit different shooting/show venues. Just my .02

Dean Romig 10-01-2013 09:59 AM

Thanks Jent - I mostly agree with Mr. Barclay's assessment of where the Vintage Cup is going.

I am not a member of the Vintagers.

The PGCA on the other hand, is healthier than ever and has been increasing in membership in very healthy numbers for the last several years.

Larry Frey 10-01-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jent P Mitchell III (Post 116730)
Hello Dean, Did I understand correctly ??? We had ONLY 50 members of our PGCA show up at the annual members meeting of the PGCA ??? Please confirm the attendance at our PGCA annual members meeting in Rhode Island for me and all other concerned members. If only 50 PGCA members, plus or minus a few, showed up something went wrong. Thank You for your reporting to those of us located South of the Mason Dixon Line. Can any other member here on the bbs give an eyewitness report on the attendance at our annual members meeting in Rhode Island ??? Good Shooting To Us All, Jent

Jent,
If you don't believe Dean then I can give you an eyewitness accounting. We sold 54 tickets to the event which is on par with the last two years events which were held in South Carolina last year and Louisville Kentucky the year before. As for your concern about what went wrong I would say absolutely nothing, as I had people coming up to me for two days telling me it was the best Annual Meeting they had ever attended. If I had to find one thing wrong it would be that after all the time and effort so many people put into creating a first class experience we still have "concerned members" who "did not attend" that want to know "what went wrong". See you at the Spring Southern.:bigbye: