PDA

View Full Version : Southern Illinois.....

Destry L. Hoffard
11-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Dad and I had an invite to our friends farm this morning for a duck shoot. We split up and hunted two different blinds just to try and keep things covered. Saw about 100 mallards total, all in small bunches for the most part. Was flat calm, water like a mirror, the ducks were as spooky as I've seen them. They'd swing the holes half a dozen to a dozen times then just ease off down the creek. We finally ended up with four amongst us and felt pretty good about it considering the conditions. If we'd have had some wind I feel like we'd have done a lot better. I'm cursed with a flat calm wherever I go apparently, had this the last weekend I hunted in Canada as well. Still sure better than sitting in the house. We had a good breakfast in the "cook shack" and good duck blind chatter, all you can ask for really.

Destry

charlie cleveland
11-27-2009, 02:45 PM
glad you got to hunt with your dad i hope him and you have many hunts left together. i was out fisging on lake michagan one time the water was like a mirror flat and calm and the fish did not bite. kill one of those banded ducks for me. charlie

Dan Houghton
11-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Sounds like a great hunt to me. Green heads are hit and miss down here on my home lake as well. If the conditions are right (east or north wind) as they were a couple weeks ago, we'll kill 6 or 7 between a pair of guns in a couple hours. If the conditions are not good (still or south wind) we do a lot of talking in the boat and the dog gets in a nap...