PDA

View Full Version : Can a jacket take you back in time.

david ross
06-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Can a jacket take you back in time ? yes i think it can:).
Iv'e one that doe's just that. And it came from LL BEAN and with the old
1937 vhe over your arm out in the woods it feels like the good old days of
longago:cool:?
Am i mad or do other members like the same thing.
All the best Dave:bigbye:

John Dallas
06-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Nice, but it seems to me that it needs a bit more dog slobber, blood, mud and a couple of frayed cuffs on it to make it right

david ross
06-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Nice, but it seems to me that it needs a bit more dog slobber, blood, mud and a couple of frayed cuffs on it to make it right

Yes your right john but all this takes time hopefully a long time:cool:

charlie cleveland
06-05-2011, 02:35 PM
david im like you a certain item can take you back in time...i really like your ll bean coat kinda like having a time space warp to get into and out of...old items are my downfall espically old side by sides and old shotgun shells and boxes...now if only you will bring me one of those coats and maybe one of those old parker shotguns the next time you go hunting in 1937 id appreciate it..... charlie

charlie cleveland
06-05-2011, 02:37 PM
forgot to mention old destrey will be asking about him a coat too if they make them in the big sizes..... charlie

david ross
06-05-2011, 02:52 PM
david im like you a certain item can take you back in time...i really like your ll bean coat kinda like having a time space warp to get into and out of...old items are my downfall espically old side by sides and old shotgun shells and boxes...now if only you will bring me one of those coats and maybe one of those old parker shotguns the next time you go hunting in 1937 id appreciate it..... charlie

Charlie,
I will see what i can do me and my wife both love old things from the old days
she said thats why she loves me:whistle:.
All the best Dave.:bigbye:

Gary Carmichael Sr
06-05-2011, 06:12 PM
The smell of gun oil and leather does it for me!

Fred Preston
06-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Someone had to add to David's thread so here's one of mine. Not a Beaner, but a Carhartt that I used to be able to wear a down jacket under; no longer, a sweater is all it will take now.

david ross
06-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Hi Fred.
That coat looks so nice :cool:

Destry L. Hoffard
06-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Old hunting clothes are one of my favorite things. I just found, after years of looking, a 2xl Redhead jacket, and a pair of size 46 pants. If I can get this last 20 pounds off I'll be wearing them in the fall. The 2xl jacket should fit, all my new stuff is 2xl but it's still a little tighter than you want a shooting jacket.

All my other ancient clothes are about too big for me now, a year of dieting and 70 pounds will do that to you I suppose. Leaving for Argentina in a couple days and am taking my old mossy oak jacket I bought with my first tax refund when I was 18 years old.

Destry

david ross
06-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi Destry.
Nice to hear from you again i hope you have a great trip to Argentina. Hope you and the
old jacket get some good sport. If you can post some picts.
All the best Dave

Eric Eis
06-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Destry you forgot to mention that "Old hat" of yours :)

Destry L. Hoffard
06-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Probably no pics on here, I'm not taking any Parkers this time. A two barrel A-5 12 gauge and grandpa's little JC Higgins 20 gauge are making the trip.

Daryl Corona
06-07-2011, 05:40 AM
Destry,
Congrats on the weight loss-way to go girl. Have a safe trip to Argentina and when you get back if you keep on losing more weight you might have to change your avatar pic to more accurately mirror your new you.
Best,
Daryl

Mike Stahle
06-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Good Thread...

I needed a new light weight Dove hunting vest for this upcoming season.
Found this vintage 100% cotton canvas “Red Head” brand vest on ebay.
Took a chance and made the purchase. Wow! It is like new, perfect condition. It had to have been used at least once, there was about a dozen small Grouse feathers in the bottom of the game bag.

To answer your question "yes" anything pre-orange or pre-high tech camo.
and made from cotton canvas takes me back. :cool:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l308/mountaincreekphotos/VintageRedHeadVest1LR.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l308/mountaincreekphotos/VintageRedHeadVest2LR.jpg

david ross
06-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi Mike.
That is a real good one 1950s- 1960s very nice.
Good luck with the hunt.
All the best Dave.