PDA

View Full Version : kansas phesants

charlie cleveland
02-22-2011, 09:27 PM
this evening we cooked 11 phez.. 6 quail that were shot and killed on my hunt to kansas with calvin and his son jett....this was the first phez. that i had eaten in over40 years...boy were these things good...my son was home from his job overseas it was akinda home cooked party for him...there was about25 people present some of them had never eaten phez before...we deep fried 9 of them and basted 2 of them whole...the deep fried were really good but the basted was beter yet.... sorry fellows i didnot use your recipes on the forem i believe they could have even been better if i had used them...every one said that they really liked the phezants...calvin it was a joy toeat those phez but it was not as good as shooting them esically with the russ jackson 20 ga.. kansas is a good place to hunt but when you meet up with fellow parker people and folks like calvins family those memories will stay with me a while... the meal this evening was very good and i give the parker forem and the people that post on it my thanks....for yall are the people who made this trip happen...my special thanks to calvin and his family who showso much kindness and hospitality to my wife and i on ourtrip to the great state of KANSAS ...thanks goes to all for the memories and the good eating i enjoyed this evening... and some of these phez were shot with a parker 20 ga.... charlie

Dean Romig
02-23-2011, 06:05 AM
Charlie, that hunt with Calvin and then your welcome home party for your son makes me think of heating with firewood..... it warms you twice - once while you're cutting and splitting it - and again when you burn it.

Your association with Calvin and his family warmed you once and now you got to relive the hunt and enjoy the Phez with your family and friends... to warm you a second time. Very Nice!!

calvin humburg
02-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks Charlie! My feed truck needs tuned it might make it to next november:) best ch Dean I been around a couple of wedges and a 12 pound hammer a time or 2