PDA

View Full Version : Training the young

Mike Poindexter
01-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Two year old Golden and twelve year old boy with 1902 16ga GH Dam2 on an O frame and three pen raised Chukars. It's been unusually warm and dry along the Front Range this fall, so we went out just before Christmas to do some training. Bought 9 birds, flew 6, killed 3. Both the boy and the dog did well.

richard lambert
01-06-2011, 11:32 AM
And this is what memories are made of!

Dick

Dean Romig
01-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Along with perpetuating the shooting sports, bringing the young ones into it also validates us "Old Guys" and Lord knows, we need validation.

Nice picture - Thanks.

calvin humburg
01-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Looks like a fun bunch always like pictures. best ch

Dean Romig
01-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Calvin, I like your avater picture.... that boy's a STAG!!

I read your post before you edited it. You're one of the best!

Dean

calvin humburg
01-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Well I was just being silly but as all know by now sometimes stuff a person rights gets interpted wrong. I really do respect people who are able to use those words got a couple of friends who do it. I try to but well I got apposable thumbs. That picture was from when we went and cut our Christmas tree Jett had the saw of course and he showes back up with thoes branches Jett at his best my daughter is in the background lookin silly but the pict is bad. Good day Dean ch Don't know what happened when i resized it back up that size it got worse guess you need to save it big before you make it small