PDA

View Full Version : x-mas eve hunt

scott kittredge
12-24-2010, 08:06 PM
well,pete and i met at the boat ramp for an late season duck hunt in Durham NH. Pete was shooting his (1st to him parker) 28 in. trojan 12 ga. and i use my 30 in. CHE 12 ga( Ed's Muderlak's gun) i have shot crows,phez,woodcock but no ducks or geese with it. this is the perfect spot to use these guns, should be close shooting.on 1st duck in after shooting hours started, pete said take him. a fat green head down on the water. pete took the next shot,another greenhead down(wow) not like us:rotf: next my shot, green head at 20 yds. another shot and down it came. pete hit a fast moving green head with the wind at 40 +yds. best shot i have seen all year :shock:. me next, 40 yds 12 o'clock over head greenhead 1 shot down it came. this is so not like me, 3 for 3(ask pete) ok now geese, here they come at 35 yds. this time i missed 1st shot but hit the 2nd shot. a fat goose down. Pete was talking to him self,he missed not like him on geese but he did not have his 10 ga. next i hit a stalled black after pete slowed him down for me. thanks. this was a great day to shoot Ed's old gun, looks like he might have even help shoot straight on this hunt, we killed 6 ducks (5 green heads,1 black) and 1 goose. we will try it again in the morning.:bigbye: merry- Xmas to all ,scott

Theodore LeDurt
12-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Nice hunt Scott. We too find it fun on the last weekend of duck hunting to use old sxs's and fur hats. It is called the "old-timers hunt", and years ago it referred to our equipment, however now it also describes the hunters.

A blessed Christmas to you and yours and be safe on your hunts.

charlie cleveland
12-25-2010, 08:01 AM
I SURLY BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE ELSE WAS SHOOTING YOUR GUN FORE YOU...... CHARLIE

scott kittredge
12-25-2010, 08:18 AM
I SURLY BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE ELSE WAS SHOOTING YOUR GUN FORE YOU...... CHARLIE

i too believe i had some help, and on his birthday :bowdown: