PDA

View Full Version : N Dakota birds

Richard Flanders
10-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Sorry guys; it's not a Parker, but a 1933 26" Prussian Chas Daly 12ga. Seemed to work ok today here in North Dakota. We hunted a long day to get these.

John Dunkle
10-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Dear Lordy, Richard..! EXCELLENT pic!! Why don't you enter it the Parker of the Month contest?? It's going to be one heck of a contest this month, but the prizes will amaze you (or not - not sure is there will be any prizes at all - but - well, you know..?? ;) )Maybe I'll put up a prize for the "Daly of the month??? :eek: - as I'm personally fond of Daly's, and I host the contest??! :rotf: )

Stunning pic, Richard!

John

Pete Lester
10-20-2010, 08:43 AM
John, I had forgotten you still had my Miruko Daly O/U 20ga you borrowed last year. Please remember to clean it when your through with it. Good shooting.

Bruce Day
10-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Nice birds, Richard. When we were up there a couple weeks ago, we saw flocks of pheasants like snow geese in the fields. Up to SoDak in a few weeks.

Dean Romig
10-20-2010, 09:44 AM
It's good to see somebody shooting the antique shells too.

Richard Flanders
10-23-2010, 09:29 PM
N Dakota phez are supposedly down 40% this year. We hunted SE NDakota around Ellendale also and kicked 20-30 out of one swamp but in general didn't see many birds, at least not any closer than 200yds or more away.... I'm sure the hunting is better in the SW part of the state. I LOVE shooting the old shells. These old guns were meant to shoot them it seems. They're a hell of a lot cheaper than modern shells too. The red ones are Winchester 5's and some #6 magnums that BOOT you good... jeez! The green Remingtons are #5's that are stiff but not unpleasant to shoot and work very well. I dusted a pheasant pretty good at 45-50yds with one of the red ones... and when shot they smell like shotshells are supposed to smell. The Remington primers are incredibly tough though; the Daly just barely dented them, so little in fact that I am amazed they actually went boom. Never seen a primer with such a small dent go off. They won't be a problem at all with my hammer guns; they will punch any primer good. They do make for good pictures too. I have a LOT of them to use up....