PDA

View Full Version : NH - Chasing Chickens???

John Dunkle
10-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi Scott, Bob, Pete, George (who ever else wants to come??)...

Dennis and I are headed out tomorrow (Friday) AM (probably later AM) to chase some chickens around (or partridge?).. Any of you folks want to hook up? If so - just post back, OK??

Best to all!

John

Dean Romig
10-07-2010, 01:42 PM
I guess those of us with day jobs are relegated to the supermarket to roust out a Perdue. Eliminating "the chase" takes all the fun out of eating.... :shock:

scott kittredge
10-07-2010, 02:16 PM
john where and when, just got back and my dog worked GREAT!!! started out with Bob crow hunting we shot 4 each. went home grabed my dog and went back out for pheasant, 2 phez,than changed to duck ,3 woodducks (a double on woodducks.yes, my double pin!:cool:)dog (parker the lab) did all he was made to do! shot all with my 30 in. VHE 20 ga. 7/8th oz 7# on phez and 7/8ths oz 6# bismuths on ducks, this gun has been the best shooting:bowdown: gun i've ever owned , scott

Dave Suponski
10-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Scott,Talk about a deal made in heaven...:rolleyes: I guess things happen for a reason.

John Dunkle
10-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Hey Scott!

Sounds like quite a day!! Anyway - tomorrow, I'm meeting up with Dennis at my house at about 9:30 AM.. So - if you, Bob and Pete (and whoever else???!!) want to join up somewhere of your choosing - we can "do the drive".? Not sure what Dover will be like at that time - or if we want to take the back way in to what's been pushed?

Or - we could meet further North to better accommodate you folks??

Also - Dean - remember, while you are chasing "partridge" lazy sunny Saturdays in VT - my "kiester" in behind the trade counter at KTP as Senior Trader for the gun department... I have - NO SYMPATHY!! :) :shock:

scott kittredge
10-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Scott,Talk about a deal made in heaven...:rolleyes: I guess things happen for a reason.

dave, this is another 30 in. i picked up at bass pro Denver, VHE untouched,y 98% factory case ,99 % blue,1 7/16 ths X 2 7/8ths X 13 3/4 lop to factory pad.choked .023 in left barrel.022 in right barrel ,this is like new, to new to hunt the way i do,but boy does it shoot! scott

Dean Romig
10-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Scott, we need pictures of that gun.... please.

Dave Suponski
10-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Congratulations Scott.....And what Dean said.....:corn:

John Dunkle
10-07-2010, 05:29 PM
I'll bring Scott's camera along tomorrow (the one he's graciously loaned me years ago :D ) - so maybe we can get some great pics of it..? If Peter is there - I'll let Pete post my pictures for me, OK?? ;)

John

Dave Suponski
10-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Scotts fantastic VHE 20ga.

Dean Romig
10-07-2010, 08:50 PM
WOW :eek: I didn't know Parker Bros was still producing new guns :cool:

John Dunkle
10-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Just back....

What an incredible day!!! As things slowed down - and I THOUGHT we were walking to a pond to let my dog Brie (my French Brit) have a swim - I broke open my gun and answered my cell phone to Charlie Herzog and Bruce Day.. I mean - where we were walking, many dogs and hunters had just walked, so I *knew* nothing was there...??

Silly me....

I'm chatting with Bruce and Charlie - and Brie locks up.. HARD. 2 feet of the main road - short grass?? I'm on the phone....

I tell her to leave it - and she gives me "your a dumba$$, Dad" look - and doesn't move. She is "locked" and trembling..

OK - my dog is mostly smarter than me..??

I tell Charlie and Bruce "I'll be back" and while connected, place the phone on the ground...

I go kick around. Brie is still locked. For the life of me - I see NOTHING!!!

Then - a Fezzant comes up from out of thin air, buried DEEP in the grass - bursting up to the sky...

Dennis takes the shot....

And when I told Brie to "fetch it up" she retrieved it to hand - with a VERY SMUG look on her face....

She gets extra kibble tonight.... ;)

That was only one of the highlights to a very successful day - and since I don't want the Site Admin to kick me off the Forum for posting too much - I'll only tell you the rest of the day went as well....

:cheers:

John