PDA

View Full Version : The woodcock are coming! The woodcock are coming!

Forrest Grilley
10-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Or at least they are already here. We have a pretty good flight coming through northern Wisconsin right now. We had 8 separate flushes in 45 minutes Saturday afternoon hunting a small area around our cabin. I was responsible for dropping one of them, as the unfortunate little guy flew in front of where I happened to be pointing my Parker. Black powder and #8 shot did the job. First time I have done some serious hunting with my hammer gun, and it did take a few flushes before I connected. I quickly caught on and now feel I can cock the right hammer and shoulder as quickly as I can with my "old" Ruger Red label. Can't wait to get out again.

Dave Suponski
10-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Forrest, Congratulations! And please enter that great photo for Parker of the Month.

Larry Frey
10-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Forest,
I agree with Dave, that is a wonderful photo and should be entered into the Parker of the Month contest.

charlie cleveland
10-03-2010, 07:30 PM
thats a great looking parker and black powdermakes it better....those timber doodlers are hard to hit with all theremoves they have.....keep it up..... charlie

Russ Jackson
10-03-2010, 11:14 PM
Forrest, Congrats. on a fine day out ,and your beautiful Hammer Gun ,I like to carry my hammer guns also ,there are those " Myself " who like to open the breech ,cock both hammers ,slide a couple of shells in the chambers and carry these old Hammer guns open until game gets up ,close them and then both barrels are ready to go ! Give her a try ,a very pleasant and effective way to shoot these old hammer guns ! I can't wait till our Wood Cock season opens here in a few weeks ! Good Shooting to you ! Russ