PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Dove Shooting ejector vs extractor

james van blaricum
09-06-2010, 04:34 PM
We have had some of the best evening dove shooting the last three days that I can remember. The first two evenings I shot my 20 ga Parker repro and last night I shot my 16 ga VHE. I never thought about the 16 having extractors. The shooting got so hot and fast that I could not keep up because I was extracting the empties and loading new shells. The doves were coming in so fast we didn't even have to sit down in our blinds, (plumb bushes). We were just walking around in the pasture picking up birds and shooting. If the wind would go down, I would take my C grade 20 and it has ejectors.

Harry Collins
09-07-2010, 11:16 AM
James,

Those sound like wonderful evenings. I live for September and dove season. Some of the places I hunt are a manicured as your front lawn and others have tall grass or corn stuble, etc. Here you can't take your eye off a bird when it hits the ground or you will spend valuable shooting time hunting for the bird. Oh to have a dog again. I had a CHE 16 gauge with straight stock and it was a dream on dove and quail. I had a tough time policing after myself getting the empties off the ground.

Harry