PDA

View Full Version : Composite Barrels

Bruce Day
03-05-2015, 08:35 AM
xxx

Dean Romig
03-05-2015, 09:08 AM
While I can truly appreciate the barrels in #1 and #3, I am especially interested in #2 and #4 Parker Bros. Laminated Steel barrels - especially those stamped P on the right barrel flat.

charlie cleveland
03-05-2015, 01:10 PM
great looking barrels for sure...charlie

john pulis
03-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Bruce,

Did Dale refinish these?

Bruce Day
03-09-2015, 03:38 PM
not refinished

Added: sometimes if you just clean up darkened barrels by a light handed metal polish, the detail will come through and they will not need to be refinished. If composite barrels are already silvered, nothing can be done except to re-brown.

Bob Hardison
03-09-2015, 05:33 PM
not refinished

Bruce: Are you sure?:shock: I do not have access to the many high condition Parkers that you post. Thanks for sharing because I love seeing them. Bob

Dean Romig
03-09-2015, 05:39 PM
Bruce: Are you sure?Bob

Bob - Are you serious?

There are a relatively small number of Parkers, and other guns, still in very close to 100% completely original finish.

These are benchmark guns against which any other guns can be measured.

Bob Hardison
03-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Bob - Are you serious?

There are a relatively small number of Parkers, and other guns, still in very close to 100% completely original finish.

These are benchmark guns against which any other guns can be measured.

Dean: Yes, I am serious because I am new to the high quality Parkers that Bruce and others post. I have and have seen some closet queen Parkers that do not show the detail of many composite barrels posted here. It is not just Bruce's post. My intent is not to question ones honesty but verification of authenticity simply because I am blown away by the condition in the photos. Mr. Day, This was not meant to be a question of your integrity and I always enjoy your posts. Bob

Dean Romig
03-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Sorry Bob - I misunderstood your intent in asking.

While there are certainly fabulous examples of "as new" Parkers which we sometimes see on this forum, there are a greater number of refinished Parkers shown on these pages. I only hope that those guns that are refinished to 100% finish are represented as such..... because there are some that will even fool the experts.