Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

CT. Pheasant Season 2012 Update!
Unread 04-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
Pheasant Slayer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default CT. Pheasant Season 2012 Update!

Here is an update on the CT. 2012 Hunting Season. All funds have been restored for the 2012 CT. Pheasant Stocking Program. I was informed that the Governors office as well as our Senators and Representatives were bombarded with letters, phone calls and emails from sportsman as well as businesses concerning this self funded program. This is good news for CT. hunters. It proves if we all band together our voices will be heard.
HAPPY HUNTING!!!!!!!!
William Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to William Maynard For Your Post:
Visit William Maynard's homepage!
Unread 04-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,922 Times in 12,561 Posts

YAAAAY FOR THE GOOD GUYS !!
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Dissent- it is a waste of my tax dollars
Unread 04-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,300 Times in 863 Posts

Default Dissent- it is a waste of my tax dollars

I live in CT and could care less about the stocking program.
I have a farm and some of my fields are next to state leased areas. i watch the stocking truck come in on Thursdays and watch the morons with red hats vacuum up the birds, shooting them on the ground even.
its a disgusting waste of birds.
its also a waste of my tax dollars.
I raise my own pheasants. I couldn't give a rats butt if they stopped the program, in fact i wish they would.
Sorry.....
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
10 bore
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,539 Times in 825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by George M. Purtill View Post
I have a farm and some of my fields are next to state leased areas. i watch the stocking truck come in on Thursdays and watch the morons with red hats vacuum up the birds, shooting them on the ground even.
I raise my own pheasants. I couldn't give a rats butt if they stopped the program, in fact i wish they would.
Sorry.....
i don't think they are all paid for from your tax dollars, like here in NH we buy our birds from a pheze stamp 16.00, i see people shoot ducks on the water so should they stop that? deer from the side of the road so stop deer hunting too? watch out what you wish for or it all might stop. we have to stick together on this hunting thing even if you do like the way SOME PEOPLE HUNT!! just me thinking scott k pheasant, duck,goose,deer,crow ect ect hunter
scott kittredge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scott kittredge For Your Post:
Unread 04-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
10 bore
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Maynard View Post
Here is an update on the CT. 2012 Hunting Season. All funds have been restored for the 2012 CT. Pheasant Stocking Program. I was informed that the Governors office as well as our Senators and Representatives were bombarded with letters, phone calls and emails from sportsman as well as businesses concerning this self funded program. This is good news for CT. hunters. It proves if we all band together our voices will be heard.
HAPPY HUNTING!!!!!!!!
GOOD FOR YOU!!! scott
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scott kittredge For Your Post:
what is a self funded program really
Unread 04-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
George M. Purtill Member #28
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,300 Times in 863 Posts

Default what is a self funded program really

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott kittredge View Post
i don't think they are all paid for from your tax dollars, like here in NH we buy our birds from a pheze stamp 16.00, i see people shoot ducks on the water so should they stop that? deer from the side of the road so stop deer hunting too? watch out what you wish for or it all might stop. we have to stick together on this hunting thing even if you do like the way SOME PEOPLE HUNT!! just me thinking scott k pheasant, duck,goose,deer,crow ect ect hunter
there are two issues but they converge.
the first is the unsportsmanlike conduct- i agree that can exist in any hunting and your ducks, deer and crows are not state raised.
However, the $$ spent allow us to dump birds out so people, who would be too lazy to bust through cover to hunt grouse, can get an easy fix. It's put and take.
its not a self funded program or why would they bother to threaten to cut it. they move that cash flow to where ever the squeaky wheel is.
If it was self funded they couldnt cut it.
just my personal opinion. Its a program I could live without.
George M. Purtill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
Steve Hodges
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,348 Times in 924 Posts

I am glad you folks have resolved your stocking issue in such a positive manner. That being said, I am not a "fan" of our Pheasant stocking program here in NH. It has nothing to do with the way it is managed or that I am against a "put and take" type of hunting, I am not. It has it's place in the relm of our sport. It is because most of the stocking sites are quite small, relatively speaking, and hunter safety is an issue as a result of that. But the program is funded with pheasant stamp money, and thus is supported by the folks who want it. Again, congrats on you victory.
Daniel Webster once said ""Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."
Stephen Hodges is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen Hodges For Your Post:
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
10 bore
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
the first is the unsportsmanlike conduct- i agree that can exist in any hunting and your ducks, deer and crows are not state raised.
However, the $$ spent allow us to dump birds out so people, who would be too lazy to bust through cover to hunt grouse, can get an easy fix. It's put and take.
its not a self funded program or why would they bother to threaten to cut it. they move that cash flow to where ever the squeaky wheel is.
like anything else a few do screw it up for most, it does suport it self, some states have no grouse left to speak of and alot of people love to run there dogs. there are alot of things i could live with out too, like stocking fish . i dont fish so we should stop that, i watch people catch more than the limit and thats" unsportman like conduct". the state put them out like birds. the point i am try to make is just because you don;t like that kind of hunting don;t try to stop the people that do. i don;t stop people from fishing, i love to see people out fishing. lets stick together on the hunting and fishing sports. scott ps i have never shot a pheasant on the ground or a duck on the water unless it was crippled
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scott kittredge For Your Post:
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #9
Steve Hodges
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,348 Times in 924 Posts

Quote:
Just maybe some folks cannot "bust throught cover to hunt grouse"!
Daniel Webster once said ""Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."
Stephen Hodges is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephen Hodges For Your Post:
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #10
Pheasant Slayer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Sorry.....
Sorry, but your tax dollars do not buy one pheasant. You need to do your homework. It is a self funded program. I am sorry that you are unhappy but, there will always be a few people who abuse the program. This program is a introduction to hunting for many youths in our state. So, to cancel it just because you are unhappy would be the beginning of the end in our state.
William Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to William Maynard For Your Post:
Visit William Maynard's homepage!