Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-23-2010, 01:42 PM   #31
James Brown
PGCA Member

Member Info

The "guarantee" should be in writing, specific to the buyer and carefully drafted to bind
the heirs, administrators, executors, successors and assigns of the Guarantor and the Guarantor's corporation, otherwise the buyer could have a tough litigation row to hoe if a claim had to be made.
JMHO, James.
James Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #32
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

George, see what you started? I know, you thought you were just giving a heads up so that if people were interested, they might find a nice Parker at the Julia auction.
But its kind of like a stock car race; the crowds are attracted to the noise and roar and waiting for a bloody wreck.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 02-23-2010, 02:14 PM   #33
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lander View Post
Robert & Eric: What the catalogue says & I quote: "James D. Julia will guarantee clear title to the buyer of the gun now and in the future."

I believe that says it all.

Best Regards, George
Well George considering what they did to me, Mr Julia saying clear title means very and mean very little to me..... I learned the hard way with him...
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post:
Unread 02-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #34
George Lander
Forum Associate

Member Info

Bruce: My Daddy once told me: "You can please some of the people all of the time. You can please all of the people some of the time. You will never, however, please all of the people all of the time" and "No good deed goes unpunished".

Eric: I am sorry for you bad experience with Julia's. I have bought from them a number of times and have been most satisfied. If I were you I would direct my complaint directly to Jim Julia by registered mail. It's possible that you were dealing with some flunky.

Best Regards, George
George Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to George Lander For Your Post:
Lots of sides to this one- all fairly presented--
Unread 02-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #35
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Lots of sides to this one- all fairly presented--

I do NOT know Mr. Julia, but his firm does have an excellent reputation. I do know Eric, and so does he. It is unfortunate that this problem Eric reported to us occured, and looking at from maybe not a objective but an outsider's view, and with that great 20-20 hindsight- it would seem that someone, possibly without Mr. Julia's direct knowledge, "dropped the ball" re: The 16 DHE Eric apparently purchased.

IMO here, if Julia's had their "usual??" mix of fine doubles sans the reported "Bo Whoop" up for next Month's auction, perhaps not so much tempest in the teapot. In it very insightful that so many members here, at least by my count anywas, are well informed as to how the Insurance Companies operate- apparently there is no statute of limitations as to possible claim to this famous shotgun by the Buckingham family heirs, etc.

I think it is also safe to say that anyone with the "deep pockets" to be in the bidding for such a storied shotgun will most likely have some first rate legal counsel on retainer to guide him on this. In fairness to Mr. Julia, if I have read this thread correctly, especially from friend George Lander who has apparently dealt with same gentleman in the past, if he is going stand behind this sale, and has said so "publicly" then, in the words of the Bard: "Now cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war" even those of the National in the Hobart Ames era-
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Francis Morin For Your Post:
Unread 02-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #36
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

"If I were you I would direct my complaint directly to Jim Julia by registered mail. It's possible that you were dealing with some flunky."

George, Bill Taylor was the man that measured the bores (I talked to him directly) at the Vintagers I talked to Wes Dillion who talked to Mr Julia so I guess I would not consider those men "flunky's" No they made a big mistake and would not agree that they did anything wrong granted it was a couple of months after the fact. But if you buy a gun like the Bo Whoop and find out six months or a year and get taken to court, I don't think Julia's is going to be very helpful. I agree with James Brown if everything is not in writting I would not touch that gun regardless what Mr Julia guarantee's cause I think you would be
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post: