Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Lost Collectors Items
Unread 02-19-2010, 10:00 PM   #11
Austin W Hogan
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Default Lost Collectors Items

Let us not forget that about two years ago, Parker Pages carried a photograph of a very youthful Lawrence Del Grego, and a thirty ish Babe DelGrego, holding two Parker Invincibles.
At the time when those photos were taken, the printed media considered the Invincibles "lost" or "imaginary".

I realize Parker Pages is print media; but I refuse to join the mainstream.

Best, Austin
Austin W Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Austin W Hogan For Your Post:
Unread 02-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #12
Labowner
PGCA Member

Member Info

I think the real issue here is who is the rightful owner-s of the gun. It doesn't look like it belongs to anyone but the family of the Buckingham's. Looks like a few people are going to make a sizable sum on gun that belongs to someone else. It's not like his name wasn't on it.
E Robert Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Bo Whoop
Unread 02-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #13
George Lander
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Bo Whoop

Robert: If you read the full narrative in the description of the gun in Julia's catalogue it appears that the matter of ownership has been settled both with Nash's heirs and with the insurance company. However, if I were purchasing the gun I believe that I would secure a Lloyd's policy to cover ownership.

Best Regards, George
George Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #14
Labowner
PGCA Member

Member Info

George I'm not talking about statue of limitations or the monetary payment Nash may have received from his insurance co, I think ethically the gun belongs to Nash's heirs unless he or his family sold it or gave it to someone.
E Robert Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to E Robert Fabian For Your Post:
The Storied "Bo-Whoop"
Unread 02-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #15
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default The Storied "Bo-Whoop"

In an ideal world, perhaps the fortunate winner of the auction next month in Maine may consider donating it to the DU Museum in Memphis, the home of the late "Shootin' Est Gentleman" as I like to think of "Mr. Buck"!! Nash was on the More Game Birds For America which morphed into DU in 1937, he was a gentleman, a true sportsman, a great writer and story teller, and most likely the finest wingshot of his time and era. As a DU Sponsor, I'd like to see that donation occur, doesn't mean it will happen of course!

By the by, does anyone know what happened to the Czar's Parker that Jack Puglisi bought a few years ago from Julia's??: Was it resold at a profit, or is it in a display as I understand the Invincibles are?
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #16
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

I think the real issue here is who is the rightful owner-s of the gun. It doesn't look like it belongs to anyone but the family of the Buckingham's. Looks like a few people are going to make a sizable sum on gun that belongs to someone else. It's not like his name wasn't on it.

I feel sorry for whoever buys this gun, as there is no proof of ownership except what Julia's says, sorry no, I am not going to go there...... Go ahead believe them .... I did that once not again

Last edited by Eric Eis; 02-20-2010 at 09:24 PM..
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post:
Unread 02-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #17
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Regardless, my prediction $175,000 and that there will several knowledgeable collectors in the running.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Very well stated, Eric-
Unread 02-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #18
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Very well stated, Eric-

I am sorry that your experience with Julia's was not what it should have been, IMO- and after reading your responses here. I also share your feelings, if I read you correctly, about Julia's "dropping the ball", as I have reason to believe they don't always pay a "finder's fee" for some of the items, and not just firearms, that find their way into their realm.

To try to be fair, in a basically unfair world, I would still have my doubts as to both the authenticity and the questions raised herein about the rightful ownership of "Bo Whoop" by Nash Buckingham's heirs- and I would have them if RIA or Amoskegg or any other well known gun auction house were handling this auction item. I have no real "axe to grind" personally with Julia's, but I am a bit like the late Robert Ruark, ie: Your Most Observant Servant- with the operating word being OBSERVANT-- I know you from PGCA and also meeting and shooting clays with you at Lapeer last April, I don't know Mr. Julia at all, Wes Dillon a little bit (from Cabela's) so based on your dealing on the DHE 16, I would tend to avoid any purchase from Julia's. IMO, and I was educated into the area of fair and honest gun dealings by Bill Jaqua, who had the universal policy, whether on a Purdey 20 bore or a Trojan 16 gauge- 3 day return for full refund No Questions Asked.

Call me an old fashioned guy, and you would be dead money right in that, but I still believe that is the only reputable way to sell firearms yet today and build a solid reputation for the long-run. Hope to see you at Lapeer in April, Paul Harm and his crew put on a first-class shoot!!
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #19
Robert Rzepiela
Forum Associate

Member Info

Family has no claim. They took the insurance settlement.

If I was thinking about buying I would have my accountant research the insurance company which paid out the money. If this insurance was acquired by another one which was than acquired by another which was than acquired by .. and so on, the buyer may have a problem.

I am pretty sure there are few insurance houses which are checking their records of mergers and acquisitions now...
Robert Rzepiela is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #20
Robert Delk
PGCA Member

Member Info

I would have to have a heart to heart with the known heirs of Mr. Buckingham and see how they felt about the sale before I could bid with a clear conscience.I do believe that if we were talking about something of relatively low value that it would have been returned to the heirs when it was found out who had owned it originally.
Robert Delk is offline   Reply With Quote